Allele frequencies for 15 short tandem repeats (STR) loci were obtained from a sample of 2038 individuals undergoing paternity testing. The population is from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. The loci are the most commonly used in forensic and paternity testing, being analysed by the AmpFlSTR® Identifiler (Applied Biosystems) commercial kit. The most polymorphic locus was D2S1338. Mutation rates were ascertained from this population sample. All the loci analysed reached the Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium. The results of genetic distance are consistent with the European-derived origins of Rio Grande do Sul population.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Statistical confidence for likelihood-based paternity inference in natural populations.Mol. Ecol. 1998; 7 (Available on the Internet at: http://www.fieldgenetics.com): 639-655
- A retrospective assessment of the accuracy of the paternity inference program CERVUS.Mol. Ecol. 2000; 9: 801-808
A. Tereba, Tools for Analysis of Population Statistics, Profiles in DNA, vol. 2, no. 3. Available on the Internet at: http://www.promega.com/geneticidtools.
T. Ota, DISPAN: Computer Program for Genetic Distance and Phylogenetic Analysis. Available on the Internet at: ftp://ftp.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/ibmpc.
- Multiple Tests, Genetic Data Analysis, vol. 109.Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland, MA1990 (pp. 109–110)
- Allele frequencies data and statistic parameters for 16 STR loci D19S433, D2S1338, CSF1PO, D16S539, D7S820, D21S11, D18S51, D13S317, D5S818, FGA, Penta E, TH01, vWA, D8S1179, TPOX, D3S1358 in the Rio de Janeiro population, Brazil.Forensic Sci. Int. 2004; 140: 131-132
- Genetic data on 12 STRs (F13A01, F13B, FESFPS, LPL, CSF1PO, TPOX, TH01, vWA, D16S539, D7S820, D13S317, D5S818) from four ethnic groups of São Paulo, Brazil.Forensic Sci. Int. 2003; 135: 67-71
- Allele frequencies data and statistic parameters for 13 STR loci in a population of the Brazilian Amazon Region.Forensic Sci. Int. 2007; 168: 244-247
- Genetic profile of the Açores Archipelago population using the new PowerPlex 16 System Kit.Forensic Sci. Int. 2002; 129: 68-71
- Allele frequencies for nine STR loci (D3S1358, vWA, FGA, D8S1179, D21S11, D18S51, D5S818, D13S317, D7S820) in the Italian population.Forensic Sci. Int. 2007; 168: e13-316
- Evaluation and application of the AmpFlSTR Profiler Plus PCR amplification kit in a Bavarian population sample.Int. J. Legal Med. 2001; 114: 278-280
- Publication of population data of human polymorphism.Forensic Sci. Int. 2000; 110: 03-05
Published online: July 04, 2008
Accepted: May 12, 2008
Received: February 21, 2008
© 2008 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.