The allelic distribution of seventeen short tandem repeat (STR) loci, together with some parameters of forensic interest were estimated from a sample set of unrelated healthy individuals from six provinces in Argentina (Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Santa Fe, Salta, Entre Ríos and Chaco). All loci of the sample were in agreement with Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium, after Bonferroni correction. The combined discrimination power for these 17 STRs was 0.999999999999999999997, whereas the combined probability of exclusion was 0.99999993. Furthermore, this population was compared to other previously published samples from Argentina, showing significant values in the population differentiation tests.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- HLA polymorphism in a Mataco South American Indian tribe: serology of class I and II antigens—molecular analysis of class II polymorphic variants.Hum. Immunol. 1992; 35: 209-214
- HLA Class I diversity in Kolla Amerindians.Hum. Immunol. 2001; 62: 170-179
- A novel HLA allele, HLA-B*5113, identified in the Kolla Amerindians of North-West Argentina.Tissue Antigens. 1999; 53: 194-197
- A simple salting out procedure for extracting DNA for human nucleated cells.Nucleic Acids Res. 1988; 16: 1215
A. Tereba, Profiles in DNA 3, Tools for Analysis of Population Statistics, Promega Corporation, 1999, http://www.promega.com/geneticidtools/.
- A Windows-based software for common paternity and sibling analyses.Forensic Sci. Int. 2003; 135: 232-234
- Arlequin ver. 3.0: an integrated software package for population genetics data analysis.Evol. Bioinf. Online. 2005; 1: 47-50
- Multiple tests.Genetic Data Analysis II. Sinauer Associates, USA1990 (pp. 109–110)
- Population genetic analysis of 15 autosomal STRs loci in the central region of Argentina.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 161: 72-77
- Genetic data from Powerplex 16 system and Identifiler kits from Buenos Aires province (Argentina).Legal Med. 2007; 9: 151-153
- Genetic analysis of the populations from Northern and Mesopotamian provinces of Argentina by means of 15 autosomal STRs.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 160: 224-230
- STRs data for the loci D3S1385, vWA, FGA, D8S1179, D21S11, D18S51, D5S818, D13S317 and D7S820 from Cordoba (Argentina).Forensic Sci. Int. 2003; 131: 214-217
- An exact test of differentiation.Evolution. 1995; 49: 1280-1283
- Publication of population data of human polymorphisms.Forensic Sci. Int. 2000; 110: 3-5
Published online: October 03, 2008
Accepted: August 25, 2008
Received in revised form: July 2, 2008
Received: December 7, 2007
© 2008 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.