Fifteen autosomal STR loci were analyzed from a population sample of 598 unrelated individuals residing in Zhejiang Province. We report allele frequencies distribution and statistical parameters for all 15 STR loci, D8S1179, D21S11, D7S820, CSF1PO, D3S1358, THO1, D13S317, D16S539, D2S1338, D19S433, VWA, TPOX, D18S51, D5S818 and FGA. Allele frequencies, the observed heterozygosity (Ho), the polymorphic information content (PIC), and the probability of paternity exclusion (PE) were calculated. All loci were in accordance with Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium (P > 0.05). Our studied population data were compared with the previously published population data of other ethnic groups or areas in China. Our results of present study were valuable for human identification and paternity tests in Zhejiang Province.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Chelex-100 as medium for simple extraction of DNA for PCR-based typing from forensic material.Biotechniques. 1991; 10: 506-510
- AmpFlSTR Identifiler PCR Amplification User's Manual.Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA2001
- Tools for analysis of population stastistics.Profiles DNA. 1999; 2
- Performing the exact test of Hardy-Weinberg proportion for multiple alleles.Biometrics. 1992; : 361-372
- Genetic polymorphisms of 15 STR loci in Chinese Han population living in Xi’an city of Shaanxi Province.Forens. Sci. Int.: Genet. 2008; 2: e15-e18
- Population genetic study of 15 STR loci in a Chinese population.J. Forens. Sci. 2008; 53: 252-253
- Allele frequencies of 15 STR loci of Luoba ethnic group in Tibet (Southwestern China).Forens. Sci. Int. 2005; 155: 219-221
- Analysis of 15 STR loci in Chinese population from Sichuan in west China.Forens. Sci. Int. 2007; 171: 222-225
- Population genetic data of 15 STR loci in Han population of Henan Province (central China).Legal Med. 2007; 9: 30-32
- Genetic data of 15 STR forensic loci in eastern Chinese population.Forens. Sci. Int. 2005; 154: 78-80
- Population genetic analysis of 15 STR loci of Chinese Tu ethnic minority group.Forens. Sci. Int. 2008; 174: 255-258
- Publication of population data of human polymorphisms.Forens. Sci. Int. 2000; 110: 3-5
Published online: December 29, 2008
Accepted: November 3, 2008
Received in revised form: August 30, 2008
Received: June 9, 2008
© 2008 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.