Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Forensic Science Handbook, vol. II.Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1988
- DNA fingerprints from fingerprints.Nature. 1997; 387: 767
- DNA PCR profiling of skin cells transferred through handling.in: Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Forensic Science, Edmonton, Alberta, November 17–201999
A. Serven, Personal communication, by phone June 2007, email, May 2008.
- Single Gene retrieval from thermally degraded DNA.J. Biosci. 2005; 30: 599-604
- Simplified low-copy number DNA analysis by post-PCR purification.J. Forensic Sci. 2007; 52: 820-829
- Using STR analysis to detect human DNA from exploded pipe bomb devices.J. Forensic Sci. 2004; 49: 481-484
- STR analysis of human DNA from exploded bomb fragments and spent cartridge casings.in: Proceedings of the 17th International Symposium on Human Identification. 2006
T. Spear, J. Clark, M. Giusto, N. Khoshkebari, M. Murphy, J. Rush, Fingerprints & DNA on cartridges & cartridge cases: How likely? California Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Forensic Services and California Criminalistics Institute, Accessed on 22 October 2008, http://www.cci.ca.gov/Reference/LpDNACtg.ppt.
- Analysis of fired casings for the presence of DNA.Midwest Association of Forensic Science (MAFS) Newslett. Spring. 2004;
- An investigation of DNA recovery from firearms and cartridge cases.Can. Soc. Forensic Sci. J. 2006; 39: 217-228
- Validation of a 16-locus fluorescent multiplex system.J. Forensic Sci. 2002; 47: 773-785
- The application of miniplex primer sets in the analysis of degraded DNA from human skeletal remains.J. Forensic Sci. 2006; 51: 351-356
- Characterization of new miniSTR loci to aid in analysis of degraded DNA.J. Forensic Sci. 2005; 50: 43-53
- Development and validation of the AmpFℓSTR® MiniFiler™ PCR amplification kit: a miniSTR multiplex for the analysis of degraded and/or PCR inhibited DNA.J. Forensic Sci. 2008; 53: 838-852
- AmpFℓSTR® MiniFiler™ PCR Amplification Kit User's Manual.Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA2006
- Concordance study between the AmpFℓSTR® MiniFiler™ PCR amplification kit and conventional STR typing kits.J. Forensic Sci. 2007; 52: 870-873
S. Derus, Personal communication, 2007.
- An improved method to recover saliva from human skin: the double swab technique.J. Forensic Sci. 1997; 42: 320-322
DNA IQ™ Isolation System for Large Volumes, Virginia Department of Forensic Science Procedures Manual, Issue No. 5, April 2007.
DNA IQ™ Manual Purification Procedure, Virginia Department of Forensic Science Procedures Manual, Issue No. 3, March 2006, Accessed on 29 October 2007, http://www.dfs.virginia.gov/services/forensicBiology/manuals/procedures/03%20-%20III-PP16%20BIO%202003/08%20-%20Chapter%202%20-%20Purification.pdf.
BioMek® 2000 Automation Workstation Procedures Manual, Virginia Department of Forensic Science Procedures Manual, Issue No. 4, August 2005, Accessed on 29 October 2007, http://www.dfs.virginia.gov/services/forensicBiology/manuals/procedures/04%20-%20IV-BIOMEK%202005/06%20-%20Chapter%201-%20Isolation.pdf.
Promega Corporation, DNA IQ™ Technical Bulletin #TB296, April 2006.
Applied Biosystems, AmpFℓSTR® Identifiler™ PCR Amplification Kit User's Manual, Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA, 2006.
- Validation and Implementation of the PowerPlex® 16 BIO System STR Multiplex for forensic casework.J. Forensic Sci. 2004; 49: 71-80
- Low copy number—consideration and caution.in: Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Human Identification. 2001
☆Presented, in part, at the 60th Annual Meeting, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, February 2008, Washington, DC, at the 1st Annual Technological Advances in Human Identification, Hampton, VA, April 8–10, 2008, and in Applied Biosystems Forensic News, February 2008.
☆☆Applied Biosystems is gratefully acknowledged for supplying reagents and instrumentation necessary for this research.