Allele frequencies for 15 STR loci included in AmpFlSTR Identifiler™ kit (D8S1179, D21S11, D7S820, CSF1PO, D3S1358, TH01, D13S317, D16S539, D2S1338, D19S433, vWA, TPOX, D18S51, D5S818, and FGA) were determined in a sample of 1321 unrelated individuals living in the region of Moldavia (NE Romania). No deviations from Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium were observed (only after applying the Bonferroni correction in the cases of D2S1338). Genetic parameters of forensic interest were calculated and comparison with geographically nearby populations was performed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Chelex 100 as a medium for simple extraction of DNA for PCR-based typing from forensic material.Biotechniques. 1991; 10: 506-513
- Automated DNA isolation for databasing purposes.Rom. J. Leg. Med. 2009; 17: 51-58
- Arlequin ver. 3.0: an integrated software package for population genetics data analysis.Evolutionary Bioinformatics Online. 2005; 1: 47-50
Powerstats version 1.2, Promega corporation website, http://www.promega.com/geneticidtools/powerstats/.
- Allele frequencies of the 15 AmpFlSTR Identifiler loci in the population of Vojvodina Province, Serbia and Montenegro.Int. J. Legal Med. 2004; 118: 184-186
- Analysis of eight STR loci in two Hungarian populations.Int. J. Legal Med. 2000; 113: 272-275
- Short tandem repeat (STR) polymorphisms in Turkish population.J. Genet. 2004; 83: 197-199
- Genetic variation of 15 STR loci (D3S1358, vWA, FGA, TH01, TPOX, CSF1PO, D5S818, D13S317, D7S820, D16S539, D2S1338, D8S1179, D21S11, D18S51, and D19S433) in populations of north and central Poland.Forensic Sci. Int. 2005; 147: 97-100
- A comprehensive population survey on the distribution of STR frequencies in Belarus.Forensic Sci. Int. 2007; 172: 156-160
- Allele frequencies of 13 short tandem repeat (STR) loci in the Romanian population.Forensic Sci. Int. 2004; 141: 171-174
- STR data for the AmpFlSTR Identifiler from Dobruja region (SE Romania).Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2009; 3: 146-147
- Comprehensive STR Data for the AmpFlSTR Identifiler from Transylvania (NW Romania).Legal Med. 2009; 11: 48-50
F. Stanciu, I.M. Stoian, O.R. Popescu, Population data for 15 STR loci from Wallachia region, South Romania, Croat. Med. J., in press.
- Publication of population data of human polymorphisms.Forensic Sci. Int. 2000; 110: 3-5
Published online: April 09, 2009
Accepted: February 28, 2009
Received in revised form: February 25, 2009
Received: September 5, 2008
© 2009 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.