Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
ALFRED allele frequency database: http://alfred.med.yale.edu/alfred/.
- A human genome diversity cell line panel.Science. 2002; 296: 261-262
- Standardized subsets of the HGDP-CEPH Human Genome Diversity Cell Line Panel, accounting for atypical and duplicated samples and pairs of close relatives.Ann. Hum. Genet. 2006; 70: 841-847
- New multiplexes for Europe-Amendments and clarification of strategic development.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 163: 155-157
- A highly variable STR at the D12S391 locus.Int. J. Legal Med. 1996; 109: 134-138
- Sequence variation of a hypervariable short tandem repeat at the D1S1656 locus.Int. J. Legal Med. 1998; 111: 244-247
- The development of reduced size STR amplicons as tools for analysis of degraded DNA.J. Forensic Sci. 2003; 48: 1054-1064
- Development and validation of a next generation STR ESS-pentaplex.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Suppl. 2009; 2: 25-26
- SPSmart: adapting population based SNP genotype databases for fast and comprehensive web access.BMC Bioinformatics. 2008; 9: 428
- pop.STR—an online population frequency browser for established and new.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Suppl. 2009; 2: 361-362https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigss.2009.08.178
- Genetic structure of human populations.Science. 2002; 298: 2381-2385
Promega Powerstats download page: http://www.promega.com/geneticidtools/powerstats/.
- Inferring ethnic origin by means of an STR profile.Forensic Sci. Int. 2001; 119: 17-22
- Inferring ethnicity using 15 autosomal STR loci – comparisons among populations of similar and distinctly different physical traits.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2009; 3: 251-254
- Measurement of admixture proportions and description of admixture structure in different U.S. populations.Hum. Mutat. 2009; 30: 1299-1309
- An evaluation of genetic distances for use with microsatellite loci.Genetics. 1995; 92: 6723-6727
- Genetic absolute dating based on microsatellites and the origin of modern humans.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1995; 92: 6723-6727
- Informativeness of genetic markers for inference of ancestry.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2003; 73: 1402-1422
- Inferring ancestral origin using a single multiplex assay of ancestry-informative marker SNPs.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2007; 1: 273-280
- A method for quantifying differentiation between populations at multi-allelic loci and its implications for investigating identity and paternity.Genetica. 1995; 96: 3-12
- The rarity of DNA profiles.Ann. Appl. Stat. 2007; 1: 358-370
- Estimating F-statistics for the analysis of population structure.Evolution. 1984; 38: 1358-1370
- Estimating F-statistics.Ann. Rev. Genet. 2002; 36: 721-750
ALFRED population descriptions: The Karitianas make up a very small Amazonian basin population that is composed of less than 200 people (1994 est.) who live in a single village on a reservation in Brazil's Rondonia Province. The approximately 800 Rondonian Surui, or Paiter, live in several small villages scattered along the border between the Brazilian provinces of Mato Grosso and Rondonia which was in isolation from the outside world until 1969.
T. Tverdebrink, Overdispersion in allelic counts and θ-correction in forensic genetics, Ann. Appl. Stat., 2010, submitted for publication.
- Allele frequencies of the ACTBP2, D18S51, D8S1132, D12S391, D2S1360, D3S1744, D5S2500, D7S1517, D10S2325 and D21S2055 loci in a German population sample.Forensic Sci. Int. 2005; 151: 303-305
- Increased forensic efficiency of DNA fingerprints through simultaneous resolution of length and nucleotide variability by high-performance mass spectrometry.Hum. Mutat. 2008; 29: 427-432
- Support from the relationship of genetic and geographic distance in human populations for a serial founder effect originating in Africa.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2005; 102: 15942-15947
- Worldwide human relationships inferred from genome-wide patterns of variation.Science. 2008; 319: 1100-1104
- Use of subpopulation data in Australian forensic DNA casework.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2007; 1: 238-246
- How reliable is the subpopulation model in DNA testimony?.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 157: 144-148
- Resolving relationship tests that show ambiguous STR results using autosomal SNPs as supplementary markers.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2008; 2: 198-204