- •A qPCR assay is described which provides an assessment of sample quality.
- •The multiplex is a TaqMan assay comprised of three fluorescently labeled probes.
- •Three targets are studied: autosomal 80 bp, autosomal 207 bp, and a synthetic IPC.
- •Developmental validation studies are described.
- •InnoQuant™ proves to be a useful tool for forensic DNA testing laboratories.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Developmental validation of the Quantifiler Duo DNA Quantification kit for simultaneous quantification of total human and human male DNA and detection of PCR inhibitors in biological samples.J. Forensic Sci. 2009; 54: 305-319
- Developmental validation of a real-time PCR assay for the simultaneous quantification of total human and male DNA.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2008; 3: 14-21
- Investigator® Quantiplex HYres Kit Validation Report 11/2012.2012 (Available from: http://www.qiagen.com/products/catalog/assay-technologies/investigator-quantiplex-hyres-kit#resources)
- Human genomic DNA quantitation system, H-Quant: development and validation for use in forensic casework.J. Forensic Sci. 2007; 52: 364-370
- SVA elements: a hominid-specific retroposon family.J. Mol. Biol. 2005; 354: 994-1007
- Development of a real-time method to detect DNA degradation in forensic samples.J. Forensic Sci. 2012; 57: 466-471
- Developmental validation of a multiplex qPCR assay for assessing the quantity and quality of nuclear DNA in forensic samples.Forensic Sci. Int. 2007; 170: 35-45
- Multiplex polymerase chain reaction for simultaneous quantitation of human nuclear, mitochondrial, and male Y-chromosome DNA: application in human identification.Anal. Biochem. 2005; 337: 89-97
- Human DNA quantitation using Alu element-based polymerase chain reaction.Anal. Biochem. 2003; 315: 122-128
- Alu repeats and human genomic diversity.Nat. Rev. Genet. 2002; 3: 370-379
- Genome-wide analysis of the human Alu Yb-lineage.Hum. Genomics. 2004; 1: 167-178
- Forensic DNA Analysis: Current Practices and Emerging Technologies.CRC Press: Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, FL, United States2014 (405pp.)
- Development of an Alu-based, real-time PCR method for quantitation of human DNA in forensic samples.J. Forensic Sci. 2003; 48: 936-944
- Simultaneous determination of total human and male DNA using a duplex real-time PCR assay.J. Forensic Sci. 2006; 51: 1005-1015
- An analysis of single and multi-copy methods for DNA quantitation by real-time polymerase chain reaction.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2011; 5: 185-193
- 5′-Transducing SVA retrotransposon groups spread efficiently throughout the human genome.Genome Res. 2009; 19: 1992-2008
ChargeSwitch® gDNA Buccal Cell Kits For purification of genomic DNA from human buccal swabs. Invitrogen by Life Technologies User Guide Revision date 12 September 2012.
- DNA Typing Protocols: Molecular Biology and Forensic Analysis.Eaton Publishing, Natick2000: 41-42
- Development and usage of a NIST standard reference material for real time PCR quantitation of human DNA.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Suppl. Ser. 2008; 1: 80-82
- Development of a highly sensitive quantitation system for assessing DNA Quality in forensic samples.Proc. Am. Acad. Forensic Sci. A. 2013; 173: 120
- LINEs and SINEs of primate evolution.Evolut. Anthropol. 2010; 19: 236-249
Sinha S., Method for Genetic Detection using Interspersed Genetic Elements: a Multiplexed DNA Analysis System and Development of a Highly Sensitive Quantification System for Assessing DNA Quality in Forensic Samples. United States Patent Application Publication #20140051075A1, published on 20.02.14.
- Primer3 – new capabilities and interfaces.Nucleic Acids Res. 2012; 40: e115
- Enhancements and modifications of primer design program Primer3.Bioinformatics. 2007; 23: 1289-1291
- Developmental validation of the AmpFlSTR(R) Identifiler® Plus PCR Amplification Kit: an established multiplex assay with improved performance.J. Forensic Sci. 2012; 57: 453-465
- Development and validation of the AmpFlSTR MiniFiler PCR Amplification Kit: a MiniSTR multiplex for the analysis of degraded and/or PCR inhibited DNA.J. Forensic Sci. 2008; 53: 838-852
M.G. Ensenberger, P.M. Fulmer, The PowerPlex® 16 HS System, Profiles in DNA 12  9–11, Promega Corporation. Available at https://www.promega.com/∼/media/files/resources/profiles%20in%20dna/1201/the%20powerplex%2016%20hs%20system.pdf?la=en.
- A systematic and quantitative analysis of PCR template contamination.J. Forensic Sci. 2000; 45: 1307-1311