- •Yfiler® testing in 47 spermatozoa negative digital and/or penile penetration cases.
- •Predominantly vulval and low vaginal casework samples tested.
- •30% of cases produced at least one sample with three or more Y-STR alleles.
- •21% of cases produced at least one sample with 10 or more Y-STR alleles.
- •Demonstrated the persistence of male DNA for at least 48 h.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Sperm elution: an improved two phase recovery method for sexual assault samples.Sci. Justice. 2013; 53: 28-33
Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine (FFLM), Recommendations for the collection of forensic specimens from complainants and suspects (July 2014), http://www.fflm.ac.uk.
- Use of a Y chromosome probe as an aid in the forensic proof of sexual assault.J. Forensic Sci. 2002; 47: 601-604
- Semen and seminal stains.Arch. Pathol. 1943; 35: 140-196
- Identification and isolation of male cells using fluorescence in situ hybridisation and laser microdissection, for use in the investigation of sexual assault.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2007; 1: 247-252
- Multiplexing of Y-chromosome specific STRs and performance for mixed samples.Forensic Sci. Int. 1997; 85: 209-218
- Y-STR DNA amplification as biological evidence in sexually assaulted female victims with no cytological detection of spermatozoa.Forensic Sci. Int. 2002; 125: 212-216
- Analysis of non-suspect samples lacking visually identifiable sperm using a Y-STR 10-plex.J. Forensic Sci. 2005; 50: 1116-1118
- The efficiency of Y-chromosome markers in forensic trace analysis and their inclusion in the Austrian National DNA Database.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Suppl. Ser. 2013; 4: e172-e173
- STR analysis with epithelial cells in a rape case.Forensic Sci. Int. 2001; 118: 126-130
S. Trabuio, M. Franco, Impact of Yfiler® testing on the recovery of evidence in sexual assault investigations, in: Poster at the 2012 Australia and New Zealand Forensic Science Society Conference.
- Increased Efficiency of Forensic Y-STR Analysis with the New Powerplex Y23 System.Dept. of Forensic Genetics, Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences, Charité-Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany2012