- •We test the effectiveness of Quantifiler® Trio Kit in detecting DNA degradation.
- •The Quantifiler® Trio Kit is evaluated in combination with Globalfiler® Kit.
- •The Degradation Index is evaluated by studying the peak height decay in the profile.
- •Typing performance was evaluated for different PCR protocols and DI categories.
- •Operative guidelines are proposed to differentiate PCR strategy at increasing of DI.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- A study of the effects of degradation and template concentration on the amplification efficiency of the miniplex primer sets.J. Forensic Sci. 2004; 49: 733-740
- Statistical model for degraded DNA samples and adjusted probabilities for allelic drop-out.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 97-101
- Estimating drop-out probabilities of STR alleles accounting for stutters: detection threshold truncation and degradation.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Supp. Ser. 2013; 4: e51-e52
- The development of reduced size STR amplicons as tools for analysis of degraded DNA.J. Forensic Sci. 2003; 48: 054-64
- Development and validation of the AmpFℓSTR® MiniFiler™ PCR Amplification Kit: a MiniSTR multiplex for the analysis of degraded and/or PCR inhibited DNA.J. Forensic Sci. 2008; 4: 838-852
- Performance of two 17 locus forensic identification STR kits–applied biosystems’s AmpFℓSTR® NGM SElect™ and Promega’s PowerPlex® ESI17 kits.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 5: 523-531
- Autosomal short tandem repeat analysis of ancient DNA by coupled use of mini- and conventional STR kits.J. Forensic Sci. 2012; 3: 820-825
- Validation issues around DNA typing of low level DNA.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2009; 3: 255-260
GlobalFiler™ PCR Amplification Kit, User Guide, Lifetechnologies, 2013.
- Development of a real-time method to detect DNA degradation in forensic samples.J. Forensic Sci. 2012; 2: 466-471
- Development of an innovative DNA quantification and assessment system: streamlining workflow using intelligent tools.Forensic Mag. 2013; : 12-15
- Enhancing the sexual assault workflow: testing of next generation DNA assessment and Y-STR systems.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Suppl. Ser. 2013; 4: 228-229
- Estimation of the detection rate in STR analysis by determining the DNA degradation ratio using quantitative PCR.Legal Med. 2013; 1: 1-6
EZ1® DNA Investigator Handbook, fourth ed., Qiagen, 2009.
PrepFiler® and PrepFiler® BTA Forensic DNA Extraction Kits, User Guide, 2010.
Quantifiler® Trio DNA Quantification Kit, User Manual, 2014.
AmpFlSTR® NGM SElect™ PCR Amplification Kit, User Guide, 2012.
- Analytical threshold and sensitivity: establishing RFU thresholds for forensic DNA analysis.J. Forensic Sci. 2012; 58: 120-129
- Assessment of the stochastic threshold, back- and forward stutter filters and low template techniques for NGM.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; : 708-715
- Examination of the variability in mixed DNA profile parameters for the Identifiler™ multiplex.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2010; 4: 111-114
- DNA commission of the International Society of Forensic Genetics: recommendation on the evaluation of STR typing results that may include drop-out and/or drop-in using probabilistic methods.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 678-688