- •The ParaDNA Intelligence Test is a novel STR profiling kit for rapid DNA profiling.
- •We analysed 381 individuals with ParaDNA Intelligence Test and AmpFlSTR SGM Plus.
- •We describe the high level of concordance demonstrated between the two systems.
- •99.8% of ParaDNA Intelligence Test alleles were concordant with AmpFlSTR SGM Plus.
- •The likelihood of an adventitious match was estimated at approximately 1 in 2.7 × 106.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Advanced Topics in Forensic DNA Typing: Methodology.Academic Press, Elsevier, Waltham2012
- Interrogation of short tandem repeats using fluorescent probes and melting curve analysis: a step towards rapid DNA identity screening.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2008; 2: 333-339
- Developmental validation of the ParaDNA® Screening System – a presumptive test for the detection of DNA on forensic evidence items.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 11: 73-79
- Allele frequencies for 15 autosomal STR loci on U.S. Caucasian, African American, and Hispanic populations.J. Forensic Sci. 2003; 48: 908-911
- Statistical analysis of data for three British ethnic groups from a new STR multiplex.Int. J. Legal Med. 1997; 110: 5-9
- Statistical analysis to support forensic interpretation for a new ten-locus STR profiling system.Int. J. Legal Med. 2001; 114: 147-155
- Development and validation of the AmpFlSTR MiniFiler PCR amplification kit: a MiniSTR multiplex for the analysis of degraded and/or PCR inhibited DNA.J. Forensic Sci. 2008; 53: 838-852
- Developmental validation of the AmpFℓSTR® NGM SElect™ PCR amplification kit: a next-generation STR multiplex with the SE33 locus.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 41-51
C.R. Hill, M.C., Kline, D.L., Duewer, J.M. Butler, Strategies for Concordance Testing, [Internet] 2010. [cited: 2013, Nov 19th]. Available from: http://www.promega.co.uk/resources/profiles-in-dna/2010/strategies-for-concordance-testing/.
- Concordance study between the AmpFlSTR® MiniFiler™ PCR amplification kit and conventional STR typing kits.J. Forensic Sci. 2007; 52: 870-873
- Concordance study between Miniplex assays and a commercial STR typing kit.J. Forensic Sci. 2004; 49: 859-860
AmpFlSTR SGM Plus PCR. Amplification Kit User Guide, Publication Number 4309589, Rev. H, Revision Date August 2012.
- Developmental validation of the PowerPlex® ESX 16 and PowerPlex® ESX 17 Systems.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 124-131
- Development and validation of the AmpFℓSTR® Identifiler® Direct PCR amplification kit: a multiplex assay for the direct amplification of single-source samples.J. Forensic Sci. 2011; 56: 835-845
- GENEPOP (version 1.2): population genetics software for exact tests and ecumenicism.J. Heredity. 1995; 86: 248-249
- Genepop’007: a complete reimplementation of the Genepop software for Windows and Linux.Mol. Ecol. Resour. 2008; 8: 103-106
- Optimizing parental selection for genetic linkage maps.Genome. 1993; 36: 181-186
- API-CALC 1.0: a computer program for calculating the average probability of identity allowing for substructure, inbreeding and the presence of close relatives.Mol. Ecol. Notes. 2004; 4: 315-318
- Forensic DNA Typing: Biology, Technology, and Genetics of STR Markers.Academic Press, Elsevier, Waltham2012: 490
ParaDNA Application Note. Speculatively searching an external database with exported ParaDNA profiles. [Internet] 2014. [cited: 2014, Aug 14th]. Available from: http://paradna.lgcforensics.com/faqa/.