Kuwait is a princedom comprising around 15,000 km2 area of the Arabian Peninsula. Kuwait’s (Fig. 1) eastern border is adjacent to the Arabian Gulf, and bordered by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on its south and southwest and by the Republic of Iraq on its north and northwest. The population in Kuwait is diverse. According to the 2011 census, of the 3.6 million people residing in Kuwait, Kuwaitis population comprise 31.9% of the population (∼1,185,000 people) [
]. It also is worth noting that the Kuwait population contains individuals descended from an African ancestry [
- Hill A.
The population of Kuwait.
Geogr. Assoc. 1969; 54: 84-88
- Khazaal H.
Kuwait Political History. 1962; 1: 14-15
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The genetic structure of the Kuwaiti population: mtDNA inter- and intra-population variation.Hum. Biol. 2012; 4: 379-403
- The population of Kuwait.Geogr. Assoc. 1969; 54: 84-88
- Kuwait Political History. 1962; 1: 14-15
- Haplotype data for 23 Y-chromosome markers in four U.S. population groups.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 66-68
- A global analysis of Y-chromosomal haplotype diversity for 23 STR loci.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 12: 12-23
- Arlequin suite ver 3.5: a new series of programs to perform population genetics analyses under Linux and Windows.Mol. Ecol. Res. 2010; 10: 564-565
- DNA Commission of the International Society of Forensic Genetics (ISFG): an update of the recommendations on the use of Y-STRs in forensic analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 157: 187-197
Published online: January 17, 2015
Accepted: January 16, 2015
Received in revised form: January 8, 2015
Received: October 13, 2014
© 2015 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.