- •The Quantifiler® HP and Quantifiler® Trio DNA Quantification Kits were designed to quantify human genomic DNA in forensic casework samples.
- •The kits are primarily intended as a preliminary screening and quantification step to performing analyses such as STR (short tandem repeat) genotyping.
- •The kits were designed to improve upon the sensitivity, robustness and time-to-result of earlier-generation DNA quantification kits, to be more aligned with current-generation STR kits.
- •This paper presents the results of developmental validation studies of the Quantifiler HP and Quantifiler Trio Kits.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- STR profiles from DNA samples with “undetected” or low Quantifiler™ results.J. Forensic Sci. 2009; 54: 103-107
- Forensic trace DNA: a review.Investig. Genet. 2010; 1
- Developmental validation of the Quantifiler™ Real-Time PCR Kits for the quantification of human nuclear DNA samples.J. Forensic Sci. 2005; 50: 809-825
- Developmental validation of the Quantifiler® Duo DNA Quantification kit for simultaneous quantification of total human and human male DNA and detection of PCR inhibitors in biological samples.J. Forensic Sci. 2009; 54: 305-319
- Human DNA quantitation using Alu element-based polymerase chain reaction.Anal. Biochem. 2003; 315: 122-128
- Diversity of human copy number variation and multicopy genes.Science. 2010; 330: 641-646
Validation Guidelines for DNA Analysis Methods—Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods. Available at: http://swgdam.org/SWGDAM_Validation_Guidelines_APPROVED_Dec_2012.pdf.
- Detection of specific polymerase chain reaction product by utilizing the 5′ to 3′ exonuclease activity of Thermus aquaticus DNA polymerase.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1991; 88: 7276-7280
Quantifiler® HP and Trio DNA Quantification Kits User Guide Publication Number 4485354, Revision B. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., 2014.
- Identification of the heme compound copurified with deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) from bloodstains, a major inhibitor of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification.J. Forensic Sci. 1994; 39: 362-372
- Preparation of degraded human DNA under controlled conditions.Forensic Sci. Int. 2004; 139: 135-140
- A quadruplex real-time qPCR assay for the simultaneous assessment of total human DNA, human male DNA, DNA degradation and the presence of PCR inhibitors in forensic samples: a diagnostic tool for STR typing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2008; 2: 108-125