Henan means “the south shore side of the Yellow River”. Located in the central part of the country and along the Yellow River (Fig. S1) [
], consisting of silt-laden water and rich alluvial soil brought by the River, Henan covers the most southern part of the North China Plain. Having a population as 94.36 million as of 2014 December [
- Zheng X.
- Zeng Z.
- Meng X.
- Xiang Z.
- Zhu Y.
- Yan H.
Genetic data of 9 STR loci from Henan Province (Central China).
Forensic Sci. Int. 2007; 169: 244-246
], Henan would be the 12th most populous country in the world if it were a country by itself. Widely regarded as the Cradle of Chinese civilization along with Shanxi and Shaanxi provinces, Henan is known with over 5000 years of history and remained to be China’s cultural, economical, and political center until approximately 1000 years ago. So, the indigenous Han people living in this area are usually regarded as the very original Hans.
- National Bureau of Statistics of China
China Statistical Yearbook.
China Statistics Press, 2015: 2-5
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Genetic data of 9 STR loci from Henan Province (Central China).Forensic Sci. Int. 2007; 169: 244-246
- China Statistical Yearbook.China Statistics Press, 2015: 2-5 (accessed January, 2016)
- Chelex100 as a medium for simple extraction of DNA for PCR-based from forensic material.Biotechniques. 1991; 10: 506-513
- Preliminary assessment of the prototype Yfiler Plus kit in a population study of Northern Italian males.Int. J. Legal Med. 2015; 129: 729-730
- DNA Commission of the International Society of Forensic Genetics (ISFG): an update of therecommendations on the use of Y-STRs in forensic analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 157: 187-197
- Molecular Evolutionary Genetics.Columbia University Press, New York1987: 176-179
- The new Y chromosome haplotype reference database.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 15: 43-48
- Population data of 17 Y-STR haplotypes in Jining Han population from Shandong province, East China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 19: 47-49
- Population data of 17 Y-STR loci in Nanyang Han population from Henan Province, Central China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 13: 145-146
- Population genetics of 17 Y-STR loci in a large Chinese Han population from Zhejiang Province, Eastern China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2011; 5: e11-13
- Y-STRs haplotypes of Chinese Mongol ethnic group using Y-PLEX 12.Forensic Sci. Int. 2005; 153: 260-263
- Y-chromosome STR haplotype diversity in three ethnic populations in Singapore.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 159: 244-257
- Population study of 11 Y-chromosomal STR loci in Singapore Chinese.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 158: 65-71
- Update of the guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 10: A1-2
Published online: February 16, 2016
Accepted: February 12, 2016
Received in revised form: February 10, 2016
Received: October 1, 2015
© 2016 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.