- •The NGS results were compared with CE-based STR results in duo cases.
- •MiSeq FGx system could offer comprehensive information of different types of markers.
- •The information from NGS can provide a higher amount of resolution for some samples if there is ambiguity based on CE data.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Mutation study of 28 autosomal STR loci in Southwest Chinese Han population.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigss.2015.09.118
- Validation of software for calculating the likelihood ratio for parentage and kinship.Forensic Sci. Int. 2009; 3: 112-118
- Comparative evaluation of alternative battery of genetic markers to complement autosomal STRs in kinship investigations: autosomal indels vs. X-chromosome STRs.Int. J. Legal Med. 2012; 126: 917-921
- MiSeqFGx sequencing system: a new platform for forensic genetics.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigss.2015.09.040
- STR allele sequence variation: current knowledge and future issues.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; 18: 118-130
- Second generation sequencing of three STRs D3S1358, D12S391 and D21S11 in Danes and a new nomenclature for sequenced STR alleles.Forensic Sci. Int. 2014; 12: 38-41
- High sensitivity multiplex short tandem repeat loci analyses with massively parallel sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; 16: 38-47
- Next generation sequencing and its applications in forensic genetics.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; 18: 78-89
- Performance assessment of the Illumina massively parallel sequencing platform for deep sequencing analysis of viral minority variants.J. Virol. Methods. 2015; 221: 29-38
- The next dimension in STR sequencing: polymorphisms in flanking regions and their allelic associations.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigss.2015.09.049
- Characterization of mutations and sequence variants in the D21S11 locus by next generation sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. 2014; 8: 68-72
- Forensic Sci. Int. 2013; 4: e302-e303
- Characterization of mutations and sequence variations in complex STR loci by second generation sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. 2013; 4: e218-e219
- Second generation sequencing of forensic STRs using the ion torrent™ HID STR 10-plex and the ion PGM™.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; 14: 132-140
- Non-uniform phenotyping of D12S391 resolved by second generation sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. 2014; 8: 195-199
- False positive or true paternity: investigating one or two STR mismatches by detailed SNP analyses.Forensic Sci. Int. 2008; 1: 518-519
Illumina, Inc. System Specification Sheet: Forensic Genomics.
Illumina, Inc. ForenSeq™ DNA Signature Prep Guide, February 2015(Part #15049528 Rev. D).
Illumina, Inc. ForenSeq™ Universal Analysis Software Guide, February 2015(Part #5053876 Rev. B).
Illumina, Inc. MiSeqFGx Instrument Reference Guide, February 2015(Part #15050524 Rev. C).
- Maternity exclusion with a very high autosomal STRs kinship index.Int. J. Legal Med. 2012;
- Using STR, miniSTR and SNP markers to solve complex cases of kinship analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. 2013; 4: e91-e92
- The application of multi-InDel as supplementary in paternity cases with STR mutation.Forensic Sci. Int. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigss.2015.09.087