- •Methylation β-values in 3702 samples of 19–101 years analyzed with Illumina’s HumanMethylation 450 K assessed for age correlation.
- •22 genomic regions covering 177 CpG sites studied using the Agena Bioscience EpiTYPER system in 725 Europeans.
- •7 DNA methylation markers highest age-correlation values and compiled into a new age prediction tool using multivariate quantile regression.
- •Prediction intervals calculated from the model correctly classified 83.70% of an independent group of 52 MZ twins.
- •The age prediction model has been launched as an open-access online tool within the Snipper classification website.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Forensic DNA Phenotyping: Predicting human appearance from crime scene material for investigative purposes.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 18: 33-48
- Forensic genetic analysis of bio-geographical ancestry.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 18: 49-65
- IrisPlex: a sensitive DNA tool for accurate prediction of blue and brown eye colour in the absence of ancestry information.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2011; 5: 170-180
- Further development of forensic eye color predictive tests.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 28-40
- Development of a forensic skin colour predictive test.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 13: 34-44
- A genome-wide association study identifies five loci influencing facial morphology in Europeans.PLoS Genet. 2012; 8: e1002932
- Common DNA variants predict tall stature in Europeans.Hum. Genet. 2014; 133: 587-597
- EUROFORGEN-NoE Consortium, Evaluation of the predictive capacity of DNA variants associated with straight hair in Europeans.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 19: 280-288
- The HIrisPlex system for simultaneous prediction of hair and eye colour from DNA.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 98-115
- Exploration of SNP variants affecting hair colour prediction in Europeans.Int. J. Legal Med. 2015; 129: 963-975
- Evaluation of DNA variants associated with androgenetic alopecia and their potential to predict male pattern baldness.PLoS One. 2015; 22: e0127852
- Molecular pathology and age estimation.Forensic Sci. Int. 2010; 15: 34-43
- Estimating human age from T-cell DNA rearrangements.Curr. Biol. 2010; 23: R970-R971
- Forensic DNA methylation profiling–potential opportunities and challenges.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 499-507
- Reconfiguration of DNA methylation in aging.Mech. Ageing Dev. 2015; 151: 60-70
- High density DNA methylation array with single CpG site resolution.Genomics. 2011; 98: 288-295
URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GPL13534 (accessed April 2016).
- Epigenetic predictor of age.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e14821
- Genome-wide methylation profiles reveal quantitative views of human aging rates.Mol. Cell. 2013; 24: 359-367
- DNA methylation age of human tissues and cell types.Genome Biol. 2013; 14: R115
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal changes in DNA methylation with age: an epigenome-wide analysis revealing over 60 novel age-associated CpG sites.Hum. Mol. Genet. 2014; 1: 1186-1201
- Aging of blood can be tracked by DNA methylation changes at just three CpG sites.Genome Biol. 2014; 3: R24
- Examination of DNA methylation status of the ELOVL2 marker may be useful for human age prediction in forensic science.Forensic Sci Int. Genet. 2015; 14: 161-167
- Development of a forensically useful age prediction method based on DNA methylation analysis.Forensic Sci Int. Genet. 2015; 17: 173-179
- Isolation and identification of age-related DNA methylation markers for forensic age-prediction.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 11: 117-125
- Developing a DNA methylation assay for human age prediction in blood and bloodstains.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 17: 129-136
- Evaluation of DNA methylation markers and their potential to predict human aging.Electrophoresis. 2015; 36: 1775-1780
- Epigenetic age signatures in the forensically relevant body fluid of semen: a preliminary study.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 19: 28-34
- Improved age determination of blood and teeth samples using a selected set of DNA methylation markers.Epigenetics. 2015; 10: 922-930
http://www.epidesigner.com (accessed April 2016).
- A novel strategy for forensic age prediction by DNA methylation and support vector regression model.Sci. Rep. 2015; 4: 17788
M. Ehrich, D. Correll, D. van den Boom, Introduction to EpiTYPER for quantitative DNA methylation analysis using the MassARRAY® system, Sequenom® Application Note (2006).
R.F. Thompson, J.M. Greally, Package MassArray: Analytical tools for MassArray data (2015).
T. Wei, V. Simko, Package corrplot: Visualization of a Correlation Matrix (2015).
R. Koenker, S. Portnoy, PT. Ng, A. Zeileis, P. Grosjean, BD. Ripley, Package quantreg: Quantile Regression (2015).
A. Alfons, Package cvTools: Cross-validation tools for regression models (2015).
H. Wickham, W. Chang, Package ggplot2: An Implementation of the Grammar of Graphics (2015).
- Methylation of ELOVL2 gene as a new epigenetic marker of age.Aging Cell. 2012; 11: 1132-1134
- Identification and evaluation of age-correlated DNA methylation markers for forensic use.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 23: 64-70
- Regression Modelling Strategies.Springer-Verlag, New York2001
- Age-associated DNA methylation in pediatric populations.Genome Res. 2012; 22: 623-632
- DNA methylation contributes to natural human variation.Genome Res. 2013; 23