- •Investigates the potential for an adventitious match as a result of a PBSM when a crime profile and person profile from two individuals are the same
- •Demonstrated that the effect of PBSMs is to slightly decrease the adventitious match probability from what it would had the same DNA system been used.
- •This was done by both theory and using simulations.
- •Concludes the probability of an adventitious match between profiles from two individuals being caused by a PBSM in one individual is very small.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Forensic DNA Typing.2nd edition. Academic Press, 2005: 133-138
- Matching and partially matching profiles.J. Forensic Sci. 2004; 49: 1-6
- European Network of Forensic Science Institutes (ENFSI): evaluation of new commercial STR multiplexes that include the European Standard Set (ESS) of markers.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 819-826
National Institute for Science and Technology discordance study 29 (2015) (communication from Mike Coble).