- •Developmental validation following SWGDAM guidelines of the Yfiler® Plus PCR Amplification Kit.
- •6-dye, 27-plex Y-STR kit that includes the 17 loci from the Yfiler® kit plus 10 new loci including 7 rapidly mutating Y-STRs for improved discrimination of related individuals.
- •Dual application assay designed to amplify DNA from extracted casework samples and database samples from storage cards and swab lysates via direct amplification.
- •Fast time to results with thermal cycling time under 95 min.
- •High concordance between Yfiler® Plus Kit and AmpFlSTR® Yfiler® Kit.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Advanced Topics in Forensic DNA Typing: Interpretation.Elsevier, Amsterdam2015 (Print)
- Y-chromosomal DNA-analysis in paternity testing: experiences and recommendations.Adv. Forensic Genet. 1998; 7 (7 (1997)): 494-496
- Variation of 52 new Y-STR loci in the Y chromosome consortium worldwide panel of 76 diverse individuals.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2007; 121: 124-127
- Improving global and regional resolution of male lineage differentiation by simple single-copy Y-chromosomal short tandem repeat polymorphism.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2009; 3: 205-213
- The Y-chromosomal STRs DYS481, DYS570, DYS576 and DYS643.Leg. Med. (Tokyo). 2009; 11: S109-S110
- Evaluation of haplotype discrimination capacity of 35 Y-chromosomal short tandem repeat loci.Forensic Sci. Int. 2008; 174: 182-188
- A comprehensive survey of human Y-chromosomal microsatellites.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2004; 74: 1183-1197
- Characterization of the highly discriminatory loci DYS449, DYS481, DYS518, DYS612, DYS626, DYS644 and DYS710.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2010; 4: 104-110
- Evaluation of Y-chromosomal STRs: a multicenter study.Int. J. Leg. Med. 1997; 110: 141-149
- Coordinating Y-chromosomal STR research for the courts.Int. J. Leg. Med. 1999; 112: 1
- Report on the Current Activities of the Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods Y-STR.http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-sciencecommunications/fsc/july2004/index.htm/standards/2004_03_standards03.htm
- A new future of forensic Y-chromosome analysis: rapidly mutating Y-STRs for differentiating male relatives and paternal lineages.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 208-218
- Validation Guidelines for DNA Analysis Methods.
- Interpretation Guidelines for Y-Chromosome STR Typing.
AmpFlSTR® Yfiler® PCR Amplification Kit: https://www.lifetechnologies.com/content/dam/LifeTech/Documents/PDFs/Y-STR/yfiler-users-manual.pdf.
AmpFlSTR® Yfiler® Direct PCR Amplification Kit: https://tools.lifetechnologies.com/content/sfs/manuals/4479446B.pdf.
Yfiler® Plus PCR Amplification Kit: https://tools.lifetechnologies.com/content/sfs/manuals/4485610_YfilerPlus_UG.pdf.
- Novel non-templated nucleotide addition reactions catalyzed by prokaryotic and eukaryotic DNA polymerases.Nucleic Acids Res. 1988; 16: 9677-9686
- Identification of the heme compound copurified with deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) from bloodstains, a major inhibitor of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification.J. Forensic Sci. 1994; 39: 362-372
- Evaluation of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) isolated from human bloodstains exposed to ultraviolet light, heat, humidity, and soil contamination.J. Forensic Sci. 1989; 34: 1059-1069
- Preparation of degraded human DNA under controlled conditions.Forensic Sci. Int. 2004; 139: 135-140
- Null allele sequence structure at the DYS448 locus and implications for profile interpretation.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2008; 122: 421-427
- In vitro replication slippage by DNA polymerases from thermophilic organisms.J. Mol. Biol. 2001; 312: 323-333
- An investigation of the rigor of interpretation rules for STRs derived from less than 100 pg of DNA.Forensic Sci. Int. 2000; 112: 17-40
- Taq DNA polymerase slippage mutation rates measured by PCR and quasi-likelihood analysis: (CA/GT)n and (A/T)n microsatellites.Nucleic Acids Res. 2003; 31: 974-980
- Protype PowerPlex® Y23 system: a concordance study.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 204-208
- Non-uniform phenotyping of D12S391 resolved by second generation sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 8: 195-199
- Recent radiation within Y-chromosomal haplogroup R-M269 resulted in high Y-STR haplotype resemblance.Ann. Hum. Genet. 2014; 78: 92-103
- Toward male individualization with rapidly mutating Y-chromosomal short tandem repeats.Hum. Mutat. 2014; 35: 1021-1032