- •Iraqi Arab population typed for 1088 individuals using the PowerPlex 21® System.
- •Significant differences detected in comparison to a Kurdish population.
- •Simulations demonstrate the utility for the purpose of human remains identification.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- PowerMaker: an integrated analysis environment for genetic maker analysis.Bioinformatics. 2005; 21: 2128-2129
- Arlequin ver. 3.0: An integrated software package for population genetics data analysis.Evol. Bioinform. Online. 2005; 1: 47-50
- Kurdish population data for 11 STR loci (ACTBP2, CSF1PO FGA, THO1, TPOX, VWA, D3S1358, D5S818, D7S820, D13S317 and D21S11).Int. J. Leg. Med. 2002; 116: 301-303
- Population genetic analyses of 15 STR loci from seven forensically-relevant populations residing in the state of Kuwait.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: e106-e107
- Allele frequencies of the five new European Standard Set (ESS) STRs and 15 established STRs in a Turkish population.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 9
- Analysis of 15 short tandem repeats reveals significant differences between the Arabian populations from Morocco and Syria.Legal Med. 2003; 5: S150-S155
- STR data for the AmpFlSTR® Identifiler® loci in Kuwaiti population.Legal Med. 2008; 10: 321-325
- Population genetics data for 21 autosomal STR loci for United Arab Emirates (UAE) population using next generation multiplex STR kit.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 19: 190-191
- STRBase: a short tandem repeat DNA database for the human identity testing community.Nucleic Acids Res. 2001; 29: 320-322
- Symbolic kinship program.Genetics. 1997; 145: 535-542
- Theoretical value of the recommended expanded European Standard Set of STR loci for the identification of human remains.Med. Sci. Law. 2012; 52: 162-168
- Relatedness calculations for linked loci incorporating subpopulation effects.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 380-383
- Consanguinity and reproductive health among Arabs.Reprod. Health. 2009; 6
- Update of the guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 10: A1-A2
- New guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 217-220
Published online: July 29, 2016
Accepted: July 27, 2016
Received in revised form: June 28, 2016
Received: March 15, 2016
© 2016 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.