Zunyi is a prefecture-level city of Guizhou Province in southwest China. According to the 2010 census, the population of Zunyi had reached 6,127,009. Because Zunyi includes multiple Chinese ethnic groups who may have different genetic background and population history, it is essential to analyze commonly used STR loci on these populations, to provide an accurate estimate of key parameters for forensic investigations.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Rapid and effective processing of blood specimens for diagnostic PCR using filter paper and Chelex-100.J. Clin. Pathol. Mol. Pathol. 1998; 51: 215-217
- DNA recommendations. Further report of the DNA Commission of the ISFH regarding the use of short tandem repeat systems.Int. Soc. Forensic Haemogenet. Int. J. Legal Med. 1997; 4: 175-176
- DNA recommendations 1997 of the international society for forensic genetics.Vox Sang. 1998; 1: 61-63
- Arlequin suite ver 3.5: a new series of programs to perform population genetics analyses under Linux and Windows.Mol. Ecol. Resour. 2010; 10: 564-567
PowerStats Version 1.2, Promega Corporation.
- POPTREE2: software for constructing population trees from allele frequency data and computing other population statistics with Windows interface.Mol. Biol. Evol. 2010; 27: 747-752
- Population data of 17 short tandem repeat loci in 2923 individuals from the Han population of Nantong in East China.Int. J. Legal Med. 2016; (Epub ahead of print)
- Population data of 15 short tandem repeat loci in 1084 individuals from six Han and four ethnic populations in China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 19: 146-147
- Allele frequencies of 15 STRs in five ethnic groups (Han, Gelao, Jing, Shui and Zhuang) in South China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: e9-e14
- Genetic polymorphisms of 18 short tandem repeat loci in 3550 individuals from the Han population of Changchun, Northeast China.Int. J. Legal Med. 2016; (Epub ahead of print)
- Population genetic analysis of the GlobalFiler STR loci in 748 individuals from the Kazakh population of Xinjiang in northwest China.Int. J. Legal Med. 2016; (Epub ahead of print)
- Forensic and population genetic analysis of Xinjiang Uyghur population on 21 short tandem repeat loci of 6-dye GlobalFiler™ PCR Amplification kit.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 22: 22-24
- Genetic polymorphisms of fifteen short tandem repeats in Tujia ethnic group of Hubei province.Chin. J. Med. Genet. 2009; 6: 701-704
- Population data for 15 autosomal STR loci in the Bouyei ethnic minority from Guizhou Province, Southwest China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 17: 108-109
- Population data for 15 autosomal STR loci in the Dong ethnic minority from Guizhou Province, Southwest China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 16: 237-238
- Population data for 15 autosomal STR loci in the Miao ethnic minority from Guizhou Province, Southwest China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 16: e3-4
- Update of the guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 10: A1-A2
Published online: August 23, 2016
Received: April 26, 2016
© 2016 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.