The Bouyei is one of the most widely distributed ethnic groups in China, with a population of approximately 2.87 million [
], and most of the Bouyei people live in Guizhou province (approximately 97%). The Bouyei people have their own language and culture. Although they may have undergone some gene exchange with other minorities in Guizhou, such as the Miao, the Dong and the Shui, they may still have genetic differences comparing with other Guizhou minorities. The allelic frequencies of 15 STRs in the Guizhou Bouyei population have been reported [
- Luo J.
On the change and flow of Buyi people.
China Three Gorges Trib. 2014; 5
], but the data can still not meet the requirements of paternity testing and personal identification. For this reason, we determined 22 autosomal STRs (D3S1358, D1S1656, D2S441, D10S1248, D13S317, Penta E, D16S539, D18S51, D2S1338, CSF1PO, Penta D, TH01, vWA, D21S11, D7S820, D5S818, TPOX, D8S1179, D12S391, D19S433, FGA and D22S1045) on 568 unrelated individuals from the Guizhou Bouyei population.
- Zhang L.
Population data for 15 autosomal STR loci in the Bouyei ethnic minority from Guizhou Province, Southwest China.
Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 17: 108-109
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- On the change and flow of Buyi people.China Three Gorges Trib. 2014; 5
- Population data for 15 autosomal STR loci in the Bouyei ethnic minority from Guizhou Province, Southwest China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 17: 108-109
- Tools for analysis of population statistics.Profiles DNA. 1999; 3: 14-16
- Estimating minimum allele frequencies for DNA profile frequency estimates for PCR-based loci.Int. J. Legal Med. 1996; 108: 173-176
- Arlequin suite ver 3.5: a new series of programs to perform population genetics analyses under Linux and Windows.Mol. Ecol. Resour. 2010; 10: 564-567
- Population genetic data and mutations of 22 autosomal STR loci in Guizhou Han population.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 29: e29-e30
- Population genetic data of 22 autosomal STRs in the Guizhou Miao population, southwestern China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 32: e7-e8https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2017.10.007
- Population data for 15 autosomal STR loci in the Dong ethnic minority from Guizhou Province, Southwest China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 16: 237-238
- Forensic and population genetic analysis of Han, Miao Tujia and Gelao populations from Zunyi (Southwest China) on 15 autosomal short tandem repeat loci.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 25: e20-e21
- Allele frequencies of 15 STRs in five ethnic groups (Han, gelao jing, shui and zhuang) in south China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: e9-e14
- DNA recommendations 1997 of the international society for forensic genetics.Vox Sang. 1998; 74: 61-63
- Updated of the guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 10: A1-A2
Published online: December 04, 2017
Received: August 25, 2017
© 2017 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.