- •Diversity at four clusters of closely linked X-STR triplets was studied in Sardinia.
- •Evidence of LD was detected in Sardinia within each linkage group.
- •Genetic heterogeneity was seen for isolated, but not for open Sardinian populations.
- •X-STR haplotype data for likelihood calculations in kinship testing are provided.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Lingue e popoli della Sardegna preistorica e protostorica.Antropol. Contemp. 1995; 18: 37-40
- Population genomic analysis of ancient and modern genomes yields new insights into the genetic ancestry of the Tyrolean Iceman and the genetic structure of Europe.PLoS Genet. 2014; 10: e1004353
- An overview of the genetic structure within the Italian population from genome-wide data.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e43759
- Investigation of extended Y chromosome STR haplotypes in Sardinia.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 27: 172-174
- Forensic genetic value of a 27 Y-STR loci multiplex (Yfiler(®) Plus kit) in an Italian population sample.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 21: e1-5
- Non-random distribution of 17 Y-chromosome STR loci in different areas of Sardinia.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 16: 26-28
- Comparative evaluation of alternative batteries of genetic markers to complement autosomal STRs in kinship investigations: autosomal indels vs. X-chromosome STRs.Int. J. Legal Med. 2012; 126: 917-921
- X-chromosomal markers: past, present and future.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2007; 1: 93-99
- Using X-chromosomal markers in relationship testing: calculation of likelihood ratios taking both linkage and linkage disequilibrium into account.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2011; 5: 506-511
- FamLinkX − implementation of a general model for likelihood computations for X-chromosomal marker data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 17: 1-7
- Major factors influencing linkage disequilibrium by analysis of different chromosome regions in distinct populations: demography, chromosome recombination frequency and selection.Hum. Mol. Genet. 2000; 9: 2947-2957
- Not all isolates are equal: linkage disequilibrium analysis on Xq13.3 reveals different patterns in Sardinian sub-populations.Hum. Genet. 2002; 111: 9-15
- Population data for 8 X-chromosome STR loci in a population sample from Northern Italy and from the Sardinia island.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Suppl. Ser. 2008; 1: 173-175
- Expanding X-chromosomal forensic haplotype frequencies database: Italian population data of four linkage groups.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 15: 127-130
- Linguistic, geographic and genetic isolation: a collaborative study of Italian populations.J. Anthropol. Sci. 2014; 92: 1-32
- Mitochondrial DNA polymorphism in four Sardinian villages.Ann. Hum. Genet. 1988; 4: 327-340
- Analysis of a genetic isolate: the case of Carloforte (Italy).Hum. Biol. 2012; 84: 735-754
- A new Web site compiling forensic chromosome X research is now online.Int. J. Legal Med. 2006; 120: 252-254
- Paternity index calculations in single locus hypervariable DNA probes: validation and other studies.in: International Symposium on Human Identification 1989: Proceedings, Promega, Madison WI1990: 21-53
- Arlequin suite ver 3.5: a new series of programs to perform population genetics analyses under Linux and Windows.Mol. Ecol. Resour. 2010; 10: 564-567
R Core Team (2017). R: A language and environment for ## statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, ## Vienna, Austria. URL https://www.R-project.org/.
- Revised guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 30: 160-163
- Genetic effects of malaria in Sardinia (Italy).in: Calò C. Vona G. Human Genetic Isolates. Research Signpost, Trivandrum2006: 151-176
- Uniparental markers in Italy reveal a sex-biased genetic structure and different historical strata.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e65441
- NGMSElect and investigator argus X-12 analysis in population samples from Albania, Iraq Lithuania, Slovenia, and Turkey.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 22: 110-112
- Analysis of 21 X-chromosomal STRs in an algerian population sample.Int. J. Legal Med. 2010; 124: 287-294
- Genetic analysis of 12 X-chromosome STRs in western mediterranean populations.Int. J. Legal Med. 2015; 129: 253-255
- X-chromosomal haplotype frequencies of four linkage groups using the Investigator Argus X-12 Kit.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: e24-e34
- Results for five sets of forensic genetic markers studied in a Greek population sample.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 16: 132-137
- Genetic diversity of 12 X-chromosomal short tandem repeats in the Moroccan population.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: e48-e49
- Analysis of 12 X-STR loci in the population of south Croatia.Mol. Biol. Rep. 2017; 44: 183-189
- X-chromosome SNP analyses in 11 human Mediterranean populations show a high overall genetic homogeneity except in North-west Africans (Moroccans).BMC Evol. Biol. 2008; 8: 75
C.W.K. Chiang, J.H. Marcus, C. Sidore, H. Al-Asadi, M. Zoledziewska, et al., Population history of the Sardinian people inferred from whole-genome sequencing, bioRxiv, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1101/092148.
- DNA Commission of the International Society for Forensic Genetics (ISFG): Guidelines on the use of X-STRs in kinship analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 29: 269-275