Hainan island, the second largest island after Taiwan, is located in southernmost China (Fig. S1). According to the 2010 census, the population of Hainan had reached 8.7 million, and the Han made up the largest ethnic group [
E. S. N. B. o. S. Population Census Office Under the State Council Department of Population, Tabulation of The 2010 Population Census of The People’s Republic of China.
China Statistics Press, Beijing2012
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- E. S. N. B. o. S. Population Census Office Under the State Council Department of Population, Tabulation of The 2010 Population Census of The People’s Republic of China.China Statistics Press, Beijing2012
- Chelex 100 as a medium for simple extraction of DNA for PCR-based typing from forensic material.Biotechniques. 1991; 10: 506-513
- DNA Commission of the International Society of Forensic Genetics (ISFG): an update of the recommendations on the use of Y-STRs in forensic analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. 2006; 157: 187-197
- Molecular Evolutionary Genetics.Columbia University Press, New York1987
- Genetic polymorphisms and mutation rates of 27 Y-chromosomal STRs in a han population from guangdong province, southern China.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 21: 5-9
- Haplotype data for 23 Y-chromosome markers in four U.S. population groups.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: e66-68
- Y-chromosomal STR haplotypes and their applications to forensic and population studies in east Asia.Int. J. Legal Med. 2005; 119: 195-201
- Revisiting the male genetic landscape of China: a multi-center study of almost 38,000 Y-STR haplotypes.Hum. Genet. 2017; 136: 485-497
- Genetic polymorphism of 23 Y-STR loci in the Zhuang minority population in Guangxi of China.Int. J. Legal Med. 2015; 129: 737-738
- Forensic evaluation and haplotypes of 19 Y-chromosomal STR loci in Koreans.Forensic Sci. Int. 2005; 152: 133-147
- A spanish population study of 17 Y-chromosome STR loci.Forensic Sci. Int. 2004; 139: 231-235
- New guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 217-220
Published online: December 20, 2017
Accepted: December 18, 2017
Received in revised form: December 16, 2017
Received: October 15, 2017
© 2018 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.