- •A sequence simplification strategy was introduced.
- •More stutter variants—including N-4, N-3, N-2, N0, N + 1, and N + 2—were studied.
- •One-repeat-unit-longer stutters (or PAs) were better predictors for backward stutters.
- •Co-stuttering patterns were observed between two adjacent continuous motifs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Sequence analysis and characterization of stutter products at the tetranucleotide repeat locus vWA.Nucleic Acids Res. 1996; 24: 2807-2812
- Characterising the STR locus D6S1043 and examination of its effect on stutter rates.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 8: 20-23
- Implementation and validation of an improved allele specific stutter filtering method for electropherogram interpretation.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 35: 50-56
- A study of the origin of ‘shadow bands’ seen when typing dinucleotide repeat polymorphisms by the PCR.Hum. Mol. Genet. 1993; 2: 411-415
- Modeling forward stutter: toward increased objectivity in forensic DNA interpretation.Electrophoresis. 2014; 35: 3152-3157
- Characterising stutter in forensic STR multiplexes.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 58-63
- Characterisation of forward stutter in the AmpFlSTR SGM plus PCR.Sci. Justice. 2009; 49: 24-31
- Flanking variation influences rates of stutter in simple repeats.Genes (Basel). 2017; 8: 329
- Compound stutter in D2S1338 and D12S391.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 39: 50-56
- Reduction of stutter ratios in short tandem repeat loci typing of low copy number DNA samples.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 8: 213-218
- Stutter analysis of complex STR MPS data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 35: 107-112
- Slippage synthesis of simple sequence DNA.Nucleic Acids Res. 1992; 20: 211-215
- Direct comparison of post-28-cycle PCR purification and modified capillary electrophoresis methods with the 34-cycle "low copy number" (LCN) method for analysis of trace forensic DNA samples.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2008; 2: 318-328
- Fast STR allele identification with STRait razor 3.0.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 30: 18-23
- Massively parallel sequencing of forensic STRs: considerations of the DNA commission of the International Society for Forensic Genetics (ISFG) on minimal nomenclature requirements.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 22: 54-63
- R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing.Environ. Stat. Comput. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssas.2015.06.002
- Population and performance analyses of four major populations with Illumina’s FGx Forensic Genomics System.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 30: 81-92
- Performance and concordance of the ForenSeq™ system for autosomal and Y chromosome short tandem repeat sequencing of reference-type specimens.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 28: 1-9
- A closer look at Verogen’s Forenseq™ DNA Signature Prep kit autosomal and Y-STR data for streamlined analysis of routine reference samples.Electrophoresis. 2018; 39: 2685-2693
- Global patterns of STR sequence variation: sequencing the CEPH human genome diversity panel for 58 forensic STRs using the Illumina ForenSeq DNA Signature Prep Kit.Electrophoresis. 2018; 39: 2708-2724
- Evaluation of the MiSeq FGx system for use in forensic casework.Int. J. Legal Med. 2019; 133: 689-697
- Investigation of the STR loci noise distributions of PowerSeq Auto System.Croat. Med. J. 2017; 58: 214-221
- Investigation into the sequence structure of 23 Y chromosomal STR loci using massively parallel sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 25: 132-141