- •Whole-genome sequencing was performed on human remains.
- •Genotypes for 1 million SNPs were established.
- •The SNP data was used for searching in a genealogy DNA database.
- •A list of possible relatives to the unknown individual was obtained from the search.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Genetic genealogy for cold case and active investigations.Forensic Sci. Int. 2019; 299: 103-113
- How forensic genealogy led to an arrest in the Phoenix’ canal killer’ case.The Republic. 2018 (Available from:)https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2016/11/30/how-forensic-genealogy-led-arrest-phoenix-canal-killer-case-bryan-patrick-miller-dna/94565410/
- Police hunting zodiac killer deploy DNA technique used to identify suspected Golden State killer.Independent. 2018 (Available from:)https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/zodiac-killer-golden-state-investigation-dna-tests-california-vallejo-sacramento-a8343086.html
- Identification of distant family relationships.Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 2376-2382
- Analysis of a claimed distant relationship in a deficient pedigree using high density SNP data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 350-353
- DNA microarray as a tool in establishing genetic relatedness--Current status and future prospects.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 322-329
- Identity inference of genomic data using long-range familial searches.Science. 2018; 362: 690-694
- Law and policy oversight of familial searches in recreational genealogy databases.Forensic Sci. Int. 2018; 292: e5-e9
- Should police have access to genetic genealogy databases? Capturing the Golden State Killer and other criminals using a controversial new forensic technique.PLoS Biol. 2018; 16e2006906
- Forensic genealogy: some serious concerns.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 36: 203-204
- The Golden State Killer investigation and the nascent field of forensic genealogy.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 36: 186-188
- Application of DNA microarray to clinical diagnostics.Methods Mol. Biol. 2016; 1368: 111-132
- Advanced Topics in Forensic DNA Typing: Methodology.3rd. ed. Elsevier Science, 2011
- The complete mitochondrial DNA genome of an unknown hominin from southern Siberia.Nature. 2010; 464: 894-897
- The complete genome sequence of a Neanderthal from the Altai Mountains.Nature. 2014; 505: 43-49
- Degradation in forensic trace DNA samples explored by massively parallel sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 27: 160-166
- Finishing the euchromatic sequence of the human genome.Nature. 2004; 431: 931-945
- Clinical sequencing: is WGS the better WES?.Hum. Genet. 2016; 135: 359-362
- Whole genome sequencing expands diagnostic utility and improves clinical management in pediatric medicine.NPJ Genom. Med. 2016; : 1
- Whole-genome sequencing in a patient with Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy.N. Engl. J. Med. 2010; 362: 1181-1191
- The rise of the genome and personalised medicine.Clin. Med. Lond. (Lond). 2017; 17: 545-551
- European survey on forensic applications of massively parallel sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 29: e23-e25
- Experiences from DNA analysis in Sweden for the identification of tsunami victims.Progress in Forensic Genetics. 2006; 11
- A SNP panel for identity and kinship testing using massive parallel sequencing.Int. J. Legal Med. 2016; 130: 905-914
- Fast and accurate short read alignment with Burrows-Wheeler transform.Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 1754-1760
- Genome project data processing S: the sequence Alignment/Map format and SAMtools.Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 2078-2079
- The Genome Analysis Toolkit: a MapReduce framework for analyzing next-generation DNA sequencing data.Genome Res. 2010; 20: 1297-1303
- On the use of dense sets of SNP markers and their potential in relationship inference.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 39: 19-31
- Forensic genealogy-A comparison of methods to infer distant relationships based on dense SNP data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 42: 113-124
- Discrimination of relationships with the same degree of kinship using chromosomal sharing patterns estimated from high-density SNPs.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 33: 10-16
- AncestryDNA Matching White Paper.(Available from)2016
- ACMG clinical laboratory standards for next-generation sequencing.Genet. Med. 2013; 15: 733-747
- Genotype extraction and false relative attacks: security risks to third-party genetic genealogy services beyond identity inference.Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS). 2020. 2019; (Available from:)https://dnasec.cs.washington.edu/genetic-genealogy/ney_ndss.pdf?fbclid=IwAR292NYdtPKb_3yXJewUtD3PzYFBbOxpZ2S_P7UySSblofBsj3ppZ17wWZc