- •The ForenSeq Signature Kit was used to sequence 243 individuals from 17 families.
- •Both the LR and IBS methods were used for different kinship analysis.
- •Different markers/marker combinations were used in LR and IBS calculation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Improving complex kinship analyses with additional STR loci.Electrophoresis. 2014; 35: 3145-3151
- SNP markers as additional information to resolve complex kinship cases.Transfus. Med. Hemother. 2015; 42: 385-388
- Research progress on complex kinship analysis (in Chinese).Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2020; 36: 691-698
- A comprehensive mutation study in wide deep-rooted R1b Serbian pedigree: mutation rates and male relative differentiation capacity of 36 Y-STR markers.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 41: 137-144
- Assessing 23 Y-STR loci mutation rates in Chinese Han father-son pairs from southwestern China.Mol. Biol. Rep. 2020; 47: 7755-7760
- MtDNA diversity of Ghana: a forensic and phylogeographic view.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 244-249
- MtDNA polymorphism analyses in the Chinese Mongolian group: efficiency evaluation and further matrilineal genetic structure exploration.Mol. Genet. Genom. Med. 2019; 7e00934
- Exclusion probabilities and likelihood ratios with applications to kinship problems.Int J. Leg. Med. 2014; 128: 415-425
- Evaluation of the allele-sharing approach, known as the IBS method, in kinship analysis.J. Forensic Leg. Med. 2013; 20: 112-116
- Application of automated DNA sizing technology for genotyping microsatellite loci.Genomics. 1992; 14: 1026-1031
- DNA typing with fluorescently tagged short tandem repeats: a sensitive and accurate approach to human identification.Biotechniques. 1993; 15: 100-119
- Development and validation of a novel SiFaSTR™ 23-plex system.Electrophoresis. 2019; 40: 2644-2654
R. Tao, X. Sheng, R. Xia, X. Zhang, J. Zhang, Z. Yang, et al., Validation of the Investigator 24plex QS Kit: a 6-dye multiplex PCR assay for forensic application in the Chinese Han population, Forensic Sci Res. DOI: 10.1080/20961790.2019.1665160.
- A SNP panel for identity and kinship testing using massive parallel sequencing.Int J. Leg. Med. 2016; 130: 905-914
- Improved estimation of inbreeding and kinship in pigs using optimized SNP panels.BMC Genet. 2013; 14: 92
- Performance evaluation of highly admixed tanzanian smallholder dairy cattle using SNP derived kinship matrix.Front. Genet. 2019; 10: 375
- Coming of age: ten years of next-generation sequencing technologies.Nat. Rev. Genet. 2016; 17: 333-351
- Next generation sequencing and its applications in forensic genetics.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 18: 78-89
- Evaluation of the illumina forenSeq DNA signature Prep Kit - MPS forensic application for the MiSeq FGx benchtop sequencer.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 28: 188-194
- Inter-laboratory validation study of the ForenSeq DNA signature prep kit.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 36: 77-85
- The Danish STR sequence database: duplicate typing of 363 Danes with the ForenSeq DNA Signature Prep Kit.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2019; 133: 325-334
- Performance of the ForenSeqTM DNA signature prep kit on highly degraded samples.Electrophoresis. 2017; 38: 1163-1174
- Improved pairwise kinship analysis using massively parallel sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 38: 77-85
- Utility of forenSeq DNA signature prep kit in the research of pairwise 2nd-degree kinship identification.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2019; 133: 1641-1650
- An overall limited effect on the weight-of-evidence when taking STR DNA sequence polymorphism into account in kinship analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 39: 44-49
- Parallel sequencing of 87 STR and 294 SNP markers using the prototype of the SifaMPS panel on the MiSeq FGx system.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2021; 52102490
- Effect of linkage between vWA and D12S391 in kinship analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 840-844
- Characterization of genetic sequence variation of 58 STR loci in four major population groups.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 25: 214-226
- Population and performance analyses of four major populations with Illumina’s FGx forensic genomics system.Forensic Sci. Int Genet. 2017; 30: 81-92
Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China, Technical specifications for paternity testing issued, SF/Z JD0105001–2016, issued on 2016–9-22.
- Evaluation of the impact of genetic linkage in forensic identity and relationship testing for expanded DNA marker sets.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 26: 58-65
- Familias 3 - Extensions and new functionality.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 13: 121-127
- Evaluation of advanced multiplex short tandem repeat systems in pairwise kinship analysis.Leg. Med. 2015; 17: 320-325
- Massively parallel sequencing of forensic STRs and SNPs using the Illumina® ForenSeq DNA signature prep kit on the MiSeq FGx forensic genomics system.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 31: 135-148
- Sequence variation of 22 autosomal STR loci detected by next generation sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 21: 15-21
- Pilot study for forensic evaluations of the precision ID globalfiler NGS STR panel v2 with the ion S5 system.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 43102147