- •Mixtures of two or three relatives are constructed.
- •These are compared with further relatives and unrelated persons.
- •Some triads deconvolute incorrectly.
- •The rate of adventitious support is generally higher for relatives.
- •Conditioning and informed mixture proportion priors are highly useful.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Probabilistic genotyping software: an overview.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 38: 219-224
- Evaluating DNA profiles in a case where the defence is "it was my Brother".J. Forensic Sci. Soc. 1992; 32: 5-14
- Weight-of-Evidence for Forensic DNA Profiles.John Wiley and Sons, Chichester2005
- Relatedness and DNA: are we taking it seriously enough?.Forensic Sci. Int. 2005; 152: 115-119
President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, An Addendum to the PCAST Report on Forensic Science in Criminal Courts, 2016. 〈https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/PCAST/pcast_forensics_addendum_finalv2.pdf〉. (Accessed 8 February 2022).
President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, Forensic Science in Criminal Courts: Ensuring Scientific Validity of Feature-Comparison Methods, 2016. 〈https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/PCAST/pcast_forensic_science_report_final.pdf〉. (Accessed 14 December 2021).
- Internal validation of STRmix™ - a multi laboratory response to PCAST.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 34: 11-24
Butler JM, Iyer H., Press R., Taylor MK, Vallone PM, Willis S. , NISTIR 8351-DRAFT, DNA Mixture Interpretation: a NIST Scientific Foundation Review, 2021. 〈https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/ir/2021/NIST.IR.8351-draft.pdf〉. (Accessed 23 August 2021).
- EuroForMix: An open source software based on a continuous model to evaluate STR DNA profiles from a mixture of contributors with artefacts.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 21: 35-44
- Developmental validation of STRmix™, expert software for the interpretation of forensic DNA profiles.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 23: 226-239
- Validating TrueAllele® DNA mixture interpretation.J. Forensic Sci. 2011; 56: 1430-1447
- The interpretation of single source and mixed DNA profiles.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 516-528
- The interpretation of mixed DNA profiles from a mother, father, and child trio. Forensic Science.Int.: Genet. 2020; 44102175
- Population data on the expanded CODIS core STR loci for eleven populations of significance for forensic DNA analyses in the United States.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 25: 175-181
- Does the use of probabilistic genotyping change the way we should view sub-threshold data?.Aust. J. Forensic Sci. 2017; 49: 78-92
President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, Forensic Science in Criminal Courts: Ensuring Scientific Validity of Feature-Comparison Methods, 2016. 〈https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/PCAST/pcast_forensic_science_report_final.pdf〉. (Accessed 22 April 2017).
- Developing allelic and stutter peak height models for a continuous method of DNA interpretation.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 296-304
- Developmental validation of a software implementation of a flexible framework for the assignment of likelihood ratios for forensic investigations.Forensic Sci. Int. Rep. 2021; 4100231
- Testing likelihood ratios produced from complex DNA profiles.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 16: 165-171
- Relaxing the assumption of unrelatedness in the numerator and denominator of likelihood ratios for DNA mixtures.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2021; 51102434
- Evaluating DNA evidence possibly involving multiple (mixed) samples, common donors and related contributors.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2021; 54102532
- Distinguishing between donors and their relatives in complex DNA mixtures with binary models.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 21: 95-109
- Familial searching on DNA mixtures with dropout.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 22: 128-138
- The analogy between DNA kinship and DNA mixture evaluation, with applications for the interpretation of likelihood ratios produced by possibly imperfect models.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2021; : 52
- Identifying common donors in DNA mixtures, with applications to database searches.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 26: 40-47
- The likelihood ratio as a random variable for linked markers in kinship analysis.Int J. Leg. Med. 2016; 130: 1445-1456
- Comparing multiple POI to DNA mixtures.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2021; 52102481
- DNA commission of the International society for forensic genetics: Assessing the value of forensic biological evidence - guidelines highlighting the importance of propositions: part I: evaluation of DNA profiling comparisons given (sub-) source propositions.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 36: 189-202
- Using the nondonor distribution to improve communication and inform decision making for low LRs from minor contributors in mixed DNA profiles.J. Forensic Sci. 2020; 65: 1072-1084