- •Post mortem cases with positive toxicological findings were carriers of more rare genetic variants and were significantly younger than negative.
- •Psychopharmacological drugs were identified in 22.3% of cases of sudden cardiac death.
- •Molecular autopsy identified an association between antiepileptic drugs or caffeine and pathogenic or likely pathogenic variants in arrhythmogenic genes.
- •Specific substances could play an essential role as triggers of SCD in genetically predisposed young people.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Guidelines for autopsy investigation of sudden cardiac death: 2017 update from the Association for European Cardiovascular Pathology.Virchows Arch. Int. J. Pathol. 2017; 471: 691-705
- [Epidemiology of sudden cardiac death in Spain].Rev. Esp.Cardiol. 1999; 52: 717-725
- A prospective study of sudden cardiac death among children and young adults.N. Engl. J.Med. 2016; 374: 2441-2452
K.S. Ladha, N. Mistry, D.N. Wijeysundera, H. Clarke, S. Verma, G.M.T. Hare, C.D. Mazer, Recent cannabis use and myocardial infarction in young adults: a cross-sectional study, CMAJ Can. Med. Assoc. J. = J. Assoc. Med. Can. 193(35) (2021) E1377–E1384.
- Drug abuse: another challenge for the cardiologist?.J Cardiovasc Med. 2014; 15: 525-531
- QT prolongation and sudden cardiac death in patients with alcoholic liver disease.Lancet. 1993; 341: 1423-1428
- The role of illicit drug use in sudden death in the young.Cardiol. Young. 2017; 27: S75-S79
- What is the current knowledge about the cardiovascular risk for users of Cannabis-Based products? A systematic review.Curr. Atheroscler. Rep. 2017; 19: 26
- Predicting the unpredictable: drug-induced QT prolongation and Torsades de Pointes.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1639-1650
- Revisited: therapeutic and toxic blood concentrations of more than 1100 drugs and other xenobiotics.Crit.Care. 2020; 24: 195
- ACMG recommendations for standards for interpretation and reporting of sequence variations: Revisions 2007.Genet. Medicine Off. J. Am. Coll. Med. Genet. 2008; 10: 294-300
- The REDCap consortium: Building an international community of software platform partners.J. Biomed. Inform. 2019; 95103208
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)--a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J. Biomed. Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
M.N. Ladha K.S., Wijeysundera D.N.,Clarke H., Verma S., Hare G.M.T., Mazer C.D., Recent cannabis use and myocardialinfarction in young adults: a cross-sectional study, CMAJ Can. Med. Assoc. J. = J. Assoc. Med. Can., 193(35) (2021) E1377–E1384.
- [New anti-epileptic drugs in Paediatrics].Anales Pediatr. 2019; 91 (e1-415 e10): 415
- Genetic basis of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy.Front. Neurol. 2017; 8: 348
- Sudden cardiac death associated to substances of abuse and psychotropic drugs consumed by young people: a population study based on forensic autopsies.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2019; 201: 23-28
- Research, Post-mortem toxicology in the diagnosis of sudden death in young and middle-aged victims.Eur. Rev. Med. Pharmacol. Sci. 2019; 23: 9135-9149
- Post-mortem toxicology in young sudden cardiac death victims: a nationwide cohort study.Europace. 2018; 20: 614-621
- Recent cocaine use is a significant risk factor for sudden cardiovascular death in 15-49-year-old subjects: a forensic case-control study.Addiction. 2014; 109: 2071-2078
- The role of toxic substances in sudden cardiac death.Span. J. Leg. Med. 2017;
- Direct and indirect effects of psychopharmacological treatment on the cardiovascular system.Hormone Mol. Biol. Clin. Investig. 2018; 36
- Antipsychotic drugs and sudden cardiac death: a literature review of the challenges in the prediction, management, and future steps.Psychiatry Res. 2019; 281112598
- The genetics underlying acquired long QT syndrome: impact for genetic screening.Eur. Heart J. 2016; 37: 1456-1464
- Genetics of congenital and drug-induced long QT syndromes: current evidence and future research perspectives.J. Interv. Card. Electrophysiol. 2013; 37: 9-19
- Common genetic variant risk score is associated with drug-induced qt prolongation and torsade de pointes risk: a pilot study.Circulation. 2017; 135: 1300-1310