- •55 STRs and 94 SNPs were selected by combining three CE systems and one NGS system.
- •The marker set with 55 STRs and 94 SNPs provides a powerful tool for complex kinship analysis.
- •LR values are improved when calculated by sequence polymorphism.
- •Linkage events should be considered when numerous markers were applied.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Evaluation of microhaplotypes in forensic kinship analysis from a Swedish population perspective.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2021; 135: 1151-1160
K. Lewis, et al., Evaluating the effect of additional forensic loci on likelihood ratio values for complex kinship analysis, in: Proceedings of the 21st International Symposium on Human Identification, 2010.
- Application of ITO method and discriminant functions in full sibling and half sibling identification.J. Forensic Med. 2009; 25: 118
- A 472-SNP panel for pairwise kinship testing of second-degree relatives.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2018; 34: 178-185
J. Topčagić, et al., Kinship analysis of ancient individuals by combined use of small biallelic insertion/deletion (indel) and short tandem repeat (STR), in: Proceedings of the 8th ISABS Conference on Forensic, Anthropologic and Medical Genetics and Mayo Clinical Lectures in Translational Medicine, 2013.
- Interest of X chromosome (Argus X-12 kit) in complex kinship analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. Suppl. Ser. 2011; 3: 206-207
- Sibling assessment based on likelihood ratio and total number of shared alleles using 21 short tandem repeat loci included in the GlobalFiler kit.Leg. Med. 2016; 19: 122-126
- Systematic evaluation of sensitivity and specificity of sibship determination by using 15 STR loci.J. Forensic Leg. Med. 2008; 15: 329-334
- Next generation sequencing and its applications in forensic genetics.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 18: 78-89
- Inter-laboratory evaluation of SNP-based forensic identification by massively parallel sequencing using the Ion PGMTM.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 17: 110-121
- The UK10K project identifies rare variants in health and disease.Nature. 2015; 526: 82
- The SNPforID assay as a supplementary method in kinship and trace analysis.Transfus. Med. Hemother. 2012; 39: 187-193
- Massively parallel sequencing of forensic STRs and SNPs using the Illumina ForenSeq DNA signature prep Kit on the MiSeq FGx forensic genomics system.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 31: 135-148
- Pilot study for forensic evaluations of the Precision ID GlobalFiler NGS STR Panel v2 with the Ion S5 system.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 43 (102147-102147)
P. Müller, et al., Austrian STR population data using the Powerseq GY46 system and massively parallel sequencing, in: Proceedings of the 28th International Congress of International Society for Forensic Genetics, 2019.
- Paternity testing using massively parallel sequencing massively parallel sequencing and the PowerSeqTM AUTO/Y system for short tandem repeat sequencing.Electrophoresis. 2018; 39: 2669-2673
- Development of an NGS panel containing 42 autosomal STR loci and the evaluation focusing on secondary kinship analysis.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2020; 134: 2005-2014
- A novel forensic panel of 186-plex SNPs and 123-plex STR loci based on massively parallel sequencing.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2021; 135: 709-718
- Improved pairwise kinship analysis using massively parallel sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 38: 77-85
- Pairwise kinship testing with a combination of STR and SNP loci.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2020; 46102265
- SNPs as supplements in simple kinship analysis or as core markers in distant pairwise relationship tests: when do SNPs add value or replace well-established and powerful STR tests?.Transfus. Med. Hemother. 2012; 39: 202-210
- Exploring the efficacy of paternity and kinship testing based on single nucleotide polymorphisms.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 22: 161-168
- Pros and cons in the use of SNPs in forensic kinship investigation: a comparative analysis with STRs.Forensic Sci. Int. 2005; 150: 17-21
- Forensic investigation of goldeneye DNA ID 22NC Kit.J. Forensic Med. 2015; 31: 280-283
- Genetic polymorphisms of 21 non-CODIS STR loci.J. Forensic Med. 2011; 27: 36-38
- Characterization of genetic sequence variation of 58 STR loci in four major population groups.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 25: 214-226
- Population and performance analyses of four major populations with Illumina’s FGx Forensic Genomics System.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 30: 81
- Development and validation of a novel SiFaSTRTM 23–plex system.Electrophoresis. 2019; 40
- Effect of linkage between vWA and D12S391 in kinship analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 840-844
- Potentials and limits of pairwise kinship analysis using autosomal short tandem repeat loci.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2010; 124: 205
- Improving complex kinship analyses with additional STR loci.Electrophoresis. 2015; 35: 3145-3151
- Evaluation of advanced multiplex short tandem repeat systems in pairwise kinship analysis.Leg. Med. 2015; 17: 320-325
- Set up of cutoff thresholds for kinship determination using SNP loci.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 29: 1-8
- A genomic audit of newly-adopted autosomal STRs for forensic identification.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 29: 193-204
- A new multiplex assay of 17 autosomal STRs and Amelogenin for forensic application.PLoS One. 2013; 8 (57471-57471)
- FamLink – a user friendly software for linkage calculations in family genetics.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 616-620
- Merlin – rapid analysis of dense genetic maps using sparse gene flow trees.Nat. Genet. 2002; 30: 97-101
- Complex kinship analysis by multi-genotyping system and IBS score.Chin. J. Forensic Sci. 2014; 2: 61-66
- Efficacy of extended kinship analyses utilizing commercial STR kit in establishing personal identification.Leg. Med. 2011; 13: 12-15
- Development of a 16 X-STR multiplex PCR system for kinship analysis and its applicability for the Sinhalese population in Sri Lanka.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2020; 135: 1-6
- Application of multiple polymorphism genetic markers in determination of half sibling sharing a same mother.J. Forensic Med. 2010; 26: 279-281,300
- Sequence variation of 22 autosomal STR loci detected by next generation sequencing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2016; 21: 15-21
- A modified ROC analysis for the selection of cut-off values and the definition of intermediate results of serodiagnostic tests.J. Immunol. Methods. 1995; 185: 123-132
- Evaluation of the microhaplotype markers in kinship analysis.Electrophoresis. 2019; 40: 1091-1095