- •1200 Serbian males from Balkan Peninsula were analyzed using combination of 23 Y-STRs and 17 Y-SNPs typing.
- •Three dominant haplogroups were determined (I-P37.2, E-P170 and R-M198) with haplogroup I-P37.2 being the most frequent one.
- •Highest number of unique haplotypes and discrimination capacity was detected in the present(S) dataset.
- •Highest genetic distance values were obeserved between OH(S) and KM(S) datasets.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Forensic use of Y-chromosome DNA: a general overview.Hum. Genet. 2017; 136: 621-635
- Y-chromosomal SNP haplotype diversity in forensic analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. 2001; 118: 158-162
- Signature of recent historical events in the European Y-chromosomal STR haplotype distribution.Hum. Genet. 2005; 116: 279-291
- Expected regional patterns of Mesolithic-Neolithic human population admixture in Europe based on archaeological evidence.in: Renfrew C. Boyle K. Archaeogenetics: DNA and the Population Prehistory of Europe. MacDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Cambridge, UK2001: 81-88
- Spatial and temporal patterns in the Mesolithic-Neolithic archaeological record of Europe.in: Renfrew C. Boyle K. Archaeogenetics: DNA and the Population Prehistory of Europe. MacDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Cambridge, UK2001: 45-56
- Mitochondrial DNA variability in Bosnians and Slovenians.Ann. Hum. Genet. 2003; 67: 412-425
- The Bronze Age in Europe: An Introduction to the Prehistory of Europe c. 2000-700.Methuen, London, UK1979
- Ancient Europe from the Beginnings of Agriculture to Classical Antiquity.The University Press, Edinburgh, UK1965
- The Illyrians (The Peoples of Europe).Blackwell, Cambridge, UK1992
- Y-STR variation among Slavs: evidence for the Slavic homeland in the middle Dnieper basin.J. Hum. Genet. 2007; 52: 406-414
- Južni Sloveni Pod Vizantijskom Vlašću 600–1025.Čigoja štampa, Belgrade, Serbia2007: 59-60
- Human Y-chromosome short tandem repeats: a tale of acculturation and migrations as mechanisms for the diffusion of agriculture in the Balkan Peninsula.Am. J. Phys. Anthropol. 2010; 142: 380-390
- Stara Srbija - Nastanak Imena I Znanja O Njoj do 1912.Istorijski institut, Belgrade, Serbia1997: 91-110
- Migrations in Serbian history.in: Ninić I. Migrations in Balkan History. Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Belgrade, Serbia1989: 83-91
- Y-chromosomal evidence of the cultural diffusion of agriculture in Southeast Europe.Eur. J. Hum. 2009; 17: 820-830
- High levels of paleolithic Y-chromosome lineages characterize Serbia.Gene. 2012; 498: 59-67
- The genetic landscape of Serbian populations through mitochondrial DNA sequencing and non-recombining region of the Y chromosome microsatellites.Coll. 2017; 41: 275-296
- The peopling of modern Bosnia-Herzegovina: Y-chromosome haplogroups in the three main ethnic group.Ann. Hum. Genet. 2005; 69: 757-763
- DNA commission of the international society of forensic genetics (ISFG): Recommendations on the interpretation of Y-STR results in forensic analysis.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2020; 48
- SNaPshot® minisequencing analysis of multiple ancestry-informative Y-SNPs using capillary electrophoresis.Methods Mol. Biol. 2012; 830: 127-140
- Arlequin (version 3.0): an integrated software package for population genetics data analysis.Evol. Bioinform. 2007; : 47-50
- DNA polymorphism detectable by restriction endonucleases.Genetics. 1981; 97: 145-163
- The new Y chromosome haplotype reference database.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 15: 43-48
M. Cetkovic Gentula, A. Nevski Y-DNA Haplogroup Predictor-NevGen, (2015). Available at: 〈www.nevgen.org/〉 (Accessed February 1, 2022).
- Revised guidelines for the publication of genetic population data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 30: 160-163
- International forensic Y chromosome user group, Y chromosome haplotype reference database (YHRD): update.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2007; 1: 83-87
- Genetic characterization of 27 Y-STR loci with the Yfiler® Plus kit in the population of Serbia.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 31: 48-49
- Allele frequencies and population data for 17 Y-chromosome STR loci in a Serbian population sample from Vojvodina province.Forensic Sci. Int. 2008; 176: 23-28
- Y chromosome haplotypes in Albanian population from Kosovo.Forensic Sci. Int. 2004; 146: 61-64
- Croatian national reference Y-STR haplotype database.Mol. Biol. Rep. 2012; 39: 7727-7741
- Haplotype data for 23 Y-chromosome markers in a reference sample from Bosnia and Herzegovina.Croat. Med. J. 2013; 54: 286-290
- New binary polymorphisms reshape and increase resolution of the human Y chromosomal haplogroup tree.Genome Res. 2008; 18: 830-838
- Phylogeography of Y-chromosome haplogroup I reveals distinct domains of prehistoric gene flow in Europe.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2004; 75
- The peopling of modern Bosnia-Herzegovina: Y-chromosome haplogroups in the three main ethnic groups.Ann. Hum. Genet. 2005; 69: 757-763
- The paternal perspective of the Slovenian population and its relationship with other populations.Ann. Hum. Biol. 2013; 40: 515-526
O.M. Utevska Генофонд українців за різними системами генетичних маркерів: походження і місце на європейському генетичному просторі (The gene pool of Ukrainians revealed by different systems of genetic markers: the origin and statement in Europe) (PhD) (in Ukrainian). National Research Center for Radiation Medicine of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, (2017) pp. 219–226, 302.
- Sloveni u Dalekoj Prošlosti.Akademska knjiga, Novi Sad, Serbia2012: 34
- Y-chromosome haplogroups from Hun, Avar and conquering Hungarian period nomadic people of the Carpathian Basin.Sci. Rep. 2019; 9: 16569
- Genetic analysis of male Hungarian Conquerors: European and Asian paternal lineages of the conquering Hungarian tribes.Archaeol. Anthr. Sci. 2020; 12
- Origin, diffusion, and differentiation of Y-chromosome haplogroups E and J: inferences on the neolithization of Europe and later migratory events in the Mediterranean area.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2004; 74: 1023-1034
- A glance of genetic relations in the Balkan populations utilizing network analysis based on in silico assigned Y-DNA haplogroups.Anthropol. Rev. 2018; 81: 252-268
- Tracing past human male movements in northern/eastern Africa and western Eurasia: new clues from Y-chromosomal haplogroups E-M78 and J-M12.Mol. Biol. Evol. 2007; 24: 1300-1311
- Y-chromosome diversity in modern Bulgarians: new clues about their ancestry.PloS One. 2013; 8e56779
- The Eurasian heartland: a continental perspective on Y-chromosome diversity.PNAS USA. 2001; 98: 10244-10249
- Genetic landscape of slovenians: past admixture and natural selection pattern.Fron. Genet. 2018; 9: 551
- The genetic legacy of Paleolithic Homo sapiens sapiens in extant Europeans: a Y chromosome perspective.Science. 2000; 290: 1155-1159
- Polarity and temporality of high-resolution Y-chromosome distributions in India identify both indigenous and exogenous expansions and reveal minor genetic influence of Central Asian pastoralists.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2006; 78: 202-221
- Genetic affinities among the lower castes and tribal groups of India: inference from Y chromosome and mitochondrial DNA.BMC Genet. 2006; 7: 42
- A counter-clockwise northern route of the Y-hromosome haplogroup N from Southeast Asia towards Europe.Eur. J. Hum. 2007; 15: 204-211
- High-resolution SNPs and microsatellite haplotypes point to a single, recent entry of Native American Y chromosomes into the Americas.Mol. Biol. Evol. 2004; 21: 164-175
- Increased resolution of Y chromosome haplogroup T defines relationships among populations of the Near East, Europe, and Africa.Hum. Biol. 2011; 83: 39-53