- •STRNaming 1.1 was integrated in FDSTools 2.0.
- •STRNaming auto-assigns informative names to MPS STR alleles, simplifying assay configuration in FDSTools.
- •FDSTools is provided with additional allele calling options facilitating automated high-throughput analysis of reference samples.
- •FDSTools analysis settings for automated analysis of a large part of the ForenSeq DNA Signature Prep kit were determined.
Abbreviations:STR (Short Tandem Repeat), MPS (Massively Parallel Sequencing)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- STRNaming: generating simple, informative names for sequenced STR alleles in a standardised and automated manner.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2021; 52102473https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2021.102473
- FDSTools: a software package for analysis of massively parallel sequencing data with the ability to recognise and correct STR stutter and other PCR or sequencing noise.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 27: 27-40https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2016.11.007
- Developmental validation of the MiSeq FGx forensic genomics system for targeted next generation sequencing in forensic DNA casework and database laboratories.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 28: 52-70https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2017.01.011
- A novel exoplanetary habitability score via particle swarm optimization of CES production functions.IEEE Symp. Ser. Comput. Intell. 2018; : 2139-2147https://doi.org/10.1109/SSCI.2018.8628669
- The Ensembl REST API: Ensembl data for any language.Bioinformatics. 2014; 31: 143-145https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btu613
- Comparing six commercial autosomal STR kits in a large Dutch population sample.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 10: 55-63https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2014.01.008
- A linguistically informed autosomal STR survey of human populations residing in the greater himalayan region.PLoS One. 2014; 9e91534https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0091534
P. de Knijff, J. Pijpe, Population Genetics of African Pygmies, 2015. Unpublished work.
- Cutadapt removes adapter sequences from high-throughput sequencing reads.EMBnet J. 2011; 17: 10-12https://doi.org/10.14806/ej.17.1.200
- FLASH: fast length adjustment of short reads to improve genome assemblies.Bioinformatics. 2011; 27: 2957-2963https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btr507
- STRSeq: a catalog of sequence diversity at human identification Short Tandem Repeat loci.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 31: 111-117https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2017.08.017
- Improvements and impacts of GRCh38 human reference on high throughput sequencing data analysis.Genomics. 2017; 109: 83-90https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2017.01.005
- Identification and characterization of novel rapidly mutating Y-chromosomal short tandem repeat markers.Hum. Mutat. 2020; 41: 1680-1696https://doi.org/10.1002/humu.24068
- Commission of the International Society for Forensic Genetics: revised and extended guidelines for mitochondrial DNA typing.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2014; 13: 134-142https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2014.07.010
- Diagnostics of short tandem repeat expansion variants using massively parallel sequencing and componential tools.Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2019; 27: 400-407https://doi.org/10.1038/s41431-018-0302-4
- Fast sequence-based microsatellite genotyping development workflow.PeerJ. 2020; 8e9085https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.9085
- Analyzing degraded DNA and challenging samples using the ForenSeq™ DNA Signature Prep kit.Sci. Justice. 2020; 60: 243-252https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scijus.2019.11.004
- Accurate profiling of forensic autosomal STRs using the Oxford Nanopore Technologies MinION device.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2022; 56102629https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2021.102629
- Nanopore sequencing of a forensic combined STR and SNP multiplex.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2022; 56102621https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsigen.2021.102621
- Development and validation of a novel 26-plex system for prenatal diagnosis with forensic markers.Int. J. Leg. Med. 2022; 136: 527-537https://doi.org/10.1007/s00414-022-02780-7