- •Trace DNA from two different individuals added within and on tablet.
- •Mimics where one person synthesised the drug and another distributed the tablets.
- •Interior and exterior of tablets sampled giving two DNA extracts per tablet.
- •LR values generated for known donors in respective extracts.
- •Method of separating and detecting DNA from surface and within tablet.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
United Nations, World Drug Report 2021, United Nations publication, 2021.
M. Collins, Illicit drug profiling: A historical perspective, Drug testing and analysis 2021.
- Review of the most common chemometric techniques in illicit drug profiling.Forensic Sci. Int. 2019; 302109911
- DNA on drugs! A preliminary investigation of DNA deposition during the handling of illicit drug capsules.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2021; 54102559
- Assessment of the Utility of Obtaining Human Profiles from Drug Seizures.National Drug Law Enforcement Research Fund (NDLERF), Hobart2012
- The Bioprofiling of Illicit Drugs.National Drug Law Enforcement Research Fund (NDLERF), Hobart2008
- DNA on drugs (part 2): an extended study into the transfer and persistence of DNA onto illicit drug capsules using realistic scenarios.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2022; 60102740
- DNA profiling success rates of commonly submitted crime scene items.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. Suppl. Ser. 2019; 7: 597-599
- Who packed the drugs? application of Bayesian networks to address questions of Dna transfer, persistence, and recovery from plastic bags and tape.Genes. 2021; 13: 18
- eDNAir: proof of concept that animal DNA can be collected from air sampling.PeerJ. 2021; 9e11030
- The level of DNA an individual transfers to untouched items in their immediate surroundings.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2021; 54102561
- Characterization of human DNA in environmental samples.Forensic Sci. Int. 2008; 178: 7-15
- What’s on the bag? The DNA composition of evidence bags pre-and post-exhibit examination.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2022; 57102652
- Investigation into the presence and transfer of microbiomes within a forensic laboratory setting.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2021; 52102492
- Observations of DNA transfer within an operational forensic biology laboratory.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2016; 23: 33-49
- Laboratory contamination over time during low‐biomass sample analysis.Mol. Ecol. Resour. 2019; 19: 982-996
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission, Illicit Drug Data Report 2019–2020, (2021).
European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, European Drug Report 2021: Trends and Developments, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg (2021). (https://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/edr/trends-developments/2021_en).
- Drug intelligence based on MDMA tablets data: 2. Physical characteristics profiling.Forensic Sci. Int. 2008; 178: 34-39
- DNA transfer: DNA acquired by gloves during casework examinations.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2019; 38: 167-174
- Contamination incidents in the pre-analytical phase of forensic DNA analysis in Austria – statistics of 17 years.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2017; 31: 12-18
Forensic Science SA, personal communication (2022).
- Shedding light on shedders.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2018; 36: 20-25
- Assessing the performance of quantity and quality metrics using the QIAGEN Investigator® Quantiplex® pro RGQ kit.Sci. Justice. 2020; 60: 388-397
- An introductory guide to evaluative reporting in forensic science.Aust. J. Forensic Sci. 2019; 51: S247-S251
- Enhanced forensic DNA recovery with appropriate swabs and optimized swabbing technique.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2021; 53102491
- DNA transfer in forensic science: a review.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 38: 140-166
- An improved process for the collection and DNA analysis of fired cartridge cases.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2020; 46102238
- The double-swab technique versus single swabs for human DNA recovery from various surfaces.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2020; 46102253
- Improving recovery and stability of touch DNA.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. Suppl. Ser. 2017; 6: e390-e392
- Evaluation of forensic DNA mixture evidence: protocol for evaluation, interpretation, and statistical calculations using the combined probability of inclusion.BMC Genet. 2016; 17: 1-15
- How much crime is drug or alcohol related? Self-reported attributions of police detainees.Trends Issues Crime. Crim. Justice. 2012; 439: 1-6
- Risks and benefits of transnational exchange of forensic DNA data in the EU: the views of professionals operating the Prüm system.J. Forensic Leg. Med. 2019; 68101872
- Patterns of exchange of forensic DNA data in the European Union through the Prüm system.Sci. Justice. 2017; 57: 307-313
- Internationalizing new technologies of crime control: forensic DNA databasing and datasharing in the European Union.Polic. Soc. 2007; 17: 103-118
- A top-down approach to DNA mixtures.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2020; 46102250
- Using big data from probabilistic genotyping to solve crime.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2022; 57102631