- •A biallelic likelihood function is presented for balanced and imbalanced mixtures.
- •The function can be used to deconvolve two-person mixtures, including when one of the genotypes is known.
- •The approach is compatible with modern imputation software and may permit kinship estimation on simple mixtures.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- The landscape of human STR variation.Genome Res. 2014; 24: 1894-1904
- dbSNP: the NCBI database of genetic variation.Nucleic Acids Res. 2001; 29: 308-311
- Microsatellites: simple sequences with complex evolution.Nat. Rev. Genet. 2004; 5: 435-445
- Variation in genome-wide mutation rates within and between human families.Nat. Genet. 2011; 43: 712
- Expandable DNA repeats and human disease.Nature. 2007; 447: 932-940
- Variable tandem repeats accelerate evolution of coding and regulatory sequences.Annu. Rev. Genet. 2010; 44: 445-477
- Interpreting short tandem repeat variations in humans using mutational constraint.Nat. Genet. 2017; 49: 1495
- Slippage synthesis of simple sequence DNA.Nucleic Acids Res. 1992; 20: 211-215
- Forensic identification of an individual in complex DNA mixtures.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2011; 5: 428-435
- Techniques for estimating genetically variable peptides and semi-continuous likelihoods from massively parallel sequencing data.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2022; 102719
- Fast and accurate short read alignment with Burrows-Wheeler transform.Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 1754-1760
- A framework for variation discovery and genotyping using next-generation DNA sequencing data.Nat. Genet. 2011; 43: 491-498
- The genome analysis toolkit: a MapReduce framework for analyzing next-generation DNA sequencing data.Genome Res. 2010; 20: 1297-1303
- A universal SNP and small-indel variant caller using deep neural networks.Nat. Biotechnol. 2018; 36: 983-987
- A unified approach to genotype imputation and haplotype-phase inference for large data sets of trios and unrelated individuals.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2009; 84: 210-223
- minimac2: faster genotype imputation.Bioinformatics. 2015; 31: 782-784
- Efficient phasing and imputation of low-coverage sequencing data using large reference panels.Nat. Genet. 2021; 53: 120-126
- ProDerAl: reference position dependent alignment.Bioinformatics. 2021;
- ExpansionHunter: a sequence-graph-based tool to analyze variation in short tandem repeat regions.Bioinformatics. 2019; 35: 4754-4756
- Variation graph toolkit improves read mapping by representing genetic variation in the reference.Nat. Biotechnol. 2018; 36: 875-879
- A statistical framework for SNP calling, mutation discovery, association mapping and population genetical parameter estimation from sequencing data.Bioinformatics. 2011; 27: 2987-2993
- Genotype calling from population-genomic sequencing data.G3 Genes Genomes Genet. 2017; 7: 1393-1404
- Characterising stutter in forensic STR multiplexes.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 58-63
- Sequence analysis and characterization of stutter products at the tetranucleotide repeat locus vWA.Nucleic Acids Res. 1996; 24: 2807-2812
- Haplotype-based variant detection from short-read sequencing.arXiv. 2012; 1207: 3907
- The sequence alignment/map format and SAMtools.Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 2078-2079
- Stampy: a statistical algorithm for sensitive and fast mapping of Illumina sequence reads.Genome Res. 2011; 21: 936-939
- Accurate, scalable cohort variant calls using DeepVariant and GLnexus.Bioinformatics. 2020; 36: 5582-5589
- Mapping short DNA sequencing reads and calling variants using mapping quality scores.Genome Res. 2008; 18: 1851-1858
R.C. Team, R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing, R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria, 2017.
- Rcpp: seamless R and C++ integration.J. Stat. Softw. 2011; 40: 1-18
- ggplot2: Elegant Graphics for Data Analysis.Springer, 2016
- Estimating number of contributors in massively parallel sequencing data of STR loci.Forensic Sci. Int Genet. 2019; 38: 15-22
- NOCIt: a computational method to infer the number of contributors to DNA samples analyzed by STR genotyping.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2015; 16: 172-180
- Estimating the number of contributors to forensic DNA mixtures: does maximum likelihood perform better than maximum allele count?.J. Forensic Sci. 2011; 56: 23-28
- SNP calling, genotype calling, and sample allele frequency estimation from new-generation sequencing data.PLoS One. 2012; 7e37558
- An integrated map of genetic variation from 1,092 human genomes.Nature. 2012; 491: 10
- Evaluating the impact of dropout and genotyping error on SNP-based kinship analysis with forensic samples.Front. Genet. 2022; : 13
- Decomposition of individual SNP patterns from mixed DNA samples.Forensic Sci. 2022; 2: 455-472