- •A machine learning pipeline for analyzing UMI barcoded reads was created.
- •On low-template data, single source allele calling was improved by 13% (PR AUC).
- •Allele calling for a 100 pg balanced mixture was improved by 10%.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Forensic Science International: Genetics
- Low template STR typing: effect of replicate number and consensus method on genotyping reliability and DNA database search results.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2011; 5: 316-328
- Degradation of forensic DNA profiles.Aust. J. Forensic Sci. 2013; 45: 445-449
- Developing allelic and stutter peak height models for a continuous method of DNA interpretation..Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2013; 7: 296-304
- Characterising stutter in forensic STR multiplexes.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 58-63
- Modeling allelic analyte signals for aSTRs in NGS DNA profiles..J. Forensic Sci. 2021;
- Variability and additivity of read counts for aSTRs in NGS DNA profiles.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2020; 48
- ProSynAR: a reference aware read merger.Bioinformatics. 2022;
- Second-generation sequencing of forensic STRs using the ion torrent HID STR 10-plex and the ion PGM.Forensic Sci. Int Genet. 2015; 14: 132-140
- Molecular indexing enables quantitative targeted RNA sequencing and reveals poor efficiencies in standard library preparations.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 2014; 111: 1891-1896
- An investigation of the rigor of interpretation rules for STRs derived from less than 100 pg of DNA.Forensic Sci. Int. 2000; 112: 17-40
- PRROC: computing and visualizing precision-recall and receiver operating characteristic curves in R.Bioinformatics. 2015; 31: 2595-2597
- The meaning and use of the area under a receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve.Radiology. 1982; 143: 29-36
- ChIP-nexus enables improved detection of in vivo transcription factor binding footprints.Nat. Biotechnol. 2015; 33: 395-401
- High-accuracy long-read amplicon sequences using unique molecular identifiers with nanopore or PacBio sequencing.Nat. Methods. 2021; 18: 165-169
- Detecting ultralow-frequency mutations by duplex sequencing.Nat. Protoc. 2014; 9: 2586-2606
- Accurate and predictive antibody repertoire profiling by molecular amplification fingerprinting.Sci. Adv. 2016; 2e1501371
- STRait razor online: an enhanced user interface to facilitate interpretation of MPS data.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2021; 52
- Encoding PCR products with batch-stamps and barcodes.Biochem. Genet. 2007; 45: 761-767
- Evaluation of Promega PowerSeq™ Auto/Y systems prototype on an admixed sample of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: population data, sensitivity, stutter and mixture studies.Forensic Sci. Int Genet. 2021; 53102516
- The revival of the Gini importance?.Bioinformatics. 2018; 34: 3711-3718
- Reducing amplification artifacts in high multiplex amplicon sequencing by using molecular barcodes..BMC Genom. 2015; 16: 1-12
- Examining sources of error in PCR by single-molecule sequencing.PloS One. 2017; 12e0169774
Qiagen (2021). "QIAseq Targeted DNA Panel Handbook"
- Slippage synthesis of simple sequence DNA.Nucleic Acids Res. 1992; 20: 211-215
- Detection of ultra-rare mutations by next-generation sequencing.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 2012; 109: 14508-14513
- Birthday paradox for multi-collisions.International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology. Springer, 2006
- Statistical model for degraded DNA samples and adjusted probabilities for allelic drop-out.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2012; 6: 97-101
- Statistical modelling of ion PGM HID STR 10-plex MPS data.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2017; 28: 82-89
- Preferential PCR amplification of alleles: mechanisms and solutions.PCR Methods Appl. 1992; 1: 241-250
- Mutation of human short tandem repeats.Hum. Mol. Genet. 1993; 2: 1123-1128
- Fast STR allele identification with STRait Razor 3.0.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2017; 30: 18-23
- Flanking variation influences rates of stutter in simple repeats.Genes (Basel). 2017; 8: 329
- Compound stutter in D2S1338 and D12S391.Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 2019; 39: 50-56
- Reducing noise and stutter in short tandem repeat loci with unique molecular identifiers.Forensic Sci. Int.: Genet. 2021; 51
- Ranger: a fast implementation of random forests for high dimensional data in C++ and R.J. Stat. Softw. 2015; 77: 17
- Investigation of the STR loci noise distributions of PowerSeq auto system.Croat. Med J. 2017; 58: 214-221